New holland tires

/ New holland tires #1  

jb tuggers

Tractor
New Holland 1510
Can anyone tell me if you get choice of tires on a new tractor at no extra charge.New Holland model 1510 is the one i'm buying

/ New holland tires #2  
It depends upon the dealer. Some charge for any thing other than ags. In my case, my dealer said it didn't matter which tire I chose it was all the same price. One of the other dealers that I shopped charged extra for R4s.

/ New holland tires #3  
R4s typically cost more. If you build your tractor on one of the several brand sites, they charge more for R4s. Since most dealers order their tractors with R4s, they price them that way. Some dealers are more honest with their pricing than others, and will discount the tractor if you get R1s, or at least explain the pricing difference. But keep in mind, if a dealer has R4s on the tractor you want, and has to order in R1s and swap them out, it's costing him more to get you a cheaper tire/wheel combo.

/ New holland tires
Thanks for the replys. Thats what the dealer said.

/ New holland tires #5  
The R4's on my TC48DA were $400 extra over the R1's in September 2005. The rims for the R4s are wider, and the tires are both 8 ply front and rear. I think the R1s were 6 ply rear, and 4 ply front. The R4s were Titan brand. ;)