I'm in Love!!

/ I'm in Love!! #22  
Yeah but think how many "Boomers" with loads of cash would immediatly stroke a check just for nostalgias sake

If you buy one and keep it in the garage for about 30 years, and if we still have private property rights, it may be worth a bit.

/ I'm in Love!! #23  
It also has a CVT tranny and HID head lights. Also, when NH came up with this idea they couldn't forcast the economy going down like it did.

I know, I know...point is its a new tractor with a gimmick. What do you mean forcast the economy...haven't we had 8 years of a trashy economy. :D

/ I'm in Love!! #24  
I know, I know...point is its a new tractor with a gimmick. What do you mean forcast the economy...haven't we had 8 years of a trashy economy. :D

The retro style is a nice way to get attention and I think that is what you are referring to as a gimmick. The CVT tranny is something that I am looking forward to in this size tractors. Hopefully they will start putting CVT's in their other under 100hp tractors specifically the vineyard and orchard tractors as that type tranny would be perfect for vineyard and orchard work.

/ I'm in Love!! #25  
The CVT tranny is the interesting concept, but not sure it is needed in a CUT. The price will make it difficult to sell. Am I correct in assuming CVT is the same as JD's IVT (infinitely variable transmission)?

/ I'm in Love!!
Yes, I am in love!! If I can find a way to have one, I would chrome it all up and use it as my 'Going to Town' tractor.... Driving through the country and waving to all the neighbors.... Oh Yeah, I would be smilin'..... :D

/ I'm in Love!! #27  
The CVT tranny is the interesting concept, but not sure it is needed in a CUT. The price will make it difficult to sell. Am I correct in assuming CVT is the same as JD's IVT (infinitely variable transmission)?

Yes it is the same concept as the IVT. What I like about the IVT/CVT is you don't have the hp loss like you do with the hydro. Basically you have the best of both the hydro and gear with none of the negatives (that I know of). I don't know how much use this tranny will have on the smaller compacts but a lot of small orchards and vineyards use large cuts for spraying and other farm work where this tranny will shine. I would like to see it in the Vineyard/Orchard tractors personally as that is what I need. I already have to pay a premium for the tranny in these tractors to get more gears so the CVT would be a great option.

/ I'm in Love!! #28  
what you are referring to as a gimmick. QUOTE]

Bingo...but it will appeal to some weekend farmers, people who wax their tractor :)D not that ther is anything wrong with that!! :) ) parade tractors. :D

I'm not in the market and haven't looked it up, but what is the none retro cvt model priced at?

Only CVT I've driven is a Maxima. that was fun.

Rob

/ I'm in Love!! #29  
what you are referring to as a gimmick. QUOTE]

Bingo...but it will appeal to some weekend farmers, people who wax their tractor :)D not that ther is anything wrong with that!! :) ) parade tractors. :D

I'm not in the market and haven't looked it up, but what is the none retro cvt model priced at?

Rob

I haven't heard yet when NH is going to put the CVT into the regular line. Probably next year, use it this year as an incentive to sell the Boomer 8N.

/ I'm in Love!! #30  

Rob

Rob, I think you have to compare the NH price with a comparable 50 hp JD with IVT to see just how marketable the Boomer 8N will be. Also, when you compare a new gear-drive Boomer cut to an old 8N, the new Boomer looks like a waxed Sunday-driver by comparison. The cost of the 8N was around $1000 new as I remember. Any tractor today looks like gold by comparison. Times change, and so do price conceptions. I think many of the shiny chrome components of the Boomer 8N, like a chrome ROPs, will be optional. If you look at the basic tractor without options, it is just a very nice red-belly with that medium-gray painted hood and fenders so many people love. The seat looks radical, but having all those vent holes could really be nice after about 4 hours in the Texas sun.

But I'll admit it. If I had one, I'd be out there with my can of wax and be taking lots of pictures of my shiny new "toy.":D