CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #1  

dgl24087

Veteran Member
Tractor
1975 John Deere 1530
Just saw a brochure for the Boomer 3040, 3045, and 3050 cab tractors advertising EasyDrive CVT transmissions. I tried to upload to this post but the file is too large. I also have a brochure saved for the Boomer 8N and a new T1530 45 HP economy tractor. PM with e-mail addy and I can forward to those who are interested. All are PDF files.

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #2  
NH is going to offer a CVT transmission in its Boomer series tractors? I traded my hydro because it sucked too much hp and made loud whining noises. Getting stuck was an experience because the trans couldn't spin the tires to get out. Nissan runs a stainless steel belt in their application. I just don't see how they will hold up with alot of hp. The customer will eventially end up with the bill. Remember the selecto speed ?

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #3  
NH is going to offer a CVT transmission in its Boomer series tractors? I traded my hydro because it sucked too much hp and made loud whining noises. Getting stuck was an experience because the trans couldn't spin the tires to get out. Nissan runs a stainless steel belt in their application. I just don't see how they will hold up with alot of hp. The customer will eventially end up with the bill. Remember the selecto speed ?

SelectoSpeed and CVT have little to nothing in common. CVT and IVT transmissions have been in Ag tractor applications for probably 10 years now in HP settings up to 5 times that of the Class III New Hollands. CVT's are substantially more efficient than hydrostatic transmissions.

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #4  
Whats the diff between IVT and CVT?

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #6  
Rick;
I know they are totally different ( hydro vs CVT.) The selecto speed was just a reference to the problems ford had with their new idea way back in the 50-60 era. At least in my area there were many repairs.
Some car manufactures have it in their new models. I just questioned if it was for the lower hp models or if they have it refined for the 125 plus class machines.

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #8  
The biggest difference is the names of the respective manufacturers that market them.

Infinitely Variable Transmission

Continuously Variable Transmission

I wondered...IVT is assoc w/ Deere and CVT w/ everyone else? At least thats what my net search seemed to imply.

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #9  
I wondered...IVT is assoc w/ Deere and CVT w/ everyone else? At least thats what my net search seemed to imply.

There are some very substantial differences between the technologies out there. Fendt has really been the leader in this, CNH and Deere are playing catchup. What Fendt has sold, and what CNH is comming out with is mechanicaly more simple and of higher efficency than what Deere does. There are alot of skirting of patents in this so everyone is tweaking their own variation since this is gaining traction in the market.

/ CVT Coming to Boomer 3000 cab tractors #10  
What are the benefits of a CVT tranny. I'm interested because I like the convenience of HST on my TC40DA but could use bigger machine for some loader apps.