Price Check Price on a 68 Ford 3500

/ Price on a 68 Ford 3500 #1  

ME83

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I have decided to buy a JD 110 tlb and sell the 1968 Ford 3500 I have. The tractor is a 3 cyl gas with 2300 hrs. It runs good but has the usual leaks. The paint is 3/4 there but not rotted away. It has a loader and the 6x4 transmission, tranny pto, and a sheet metal cab. What should I be able to get for this tractor? $5k too much?

/ Price on a 68 Ford 3500 #2  
anywhere from 3000 to 5500 in my neck of the woods.... 5k is 'fair' even if you get talked to 4.5K$

soundguy

/ Price on a 68 Ford 3500 #3  
Pictures would be helpful. IMHO, the cab doesn't add anything and for me would be a negative on these older tractors. Saw a diesel Ford 4000, with overhaul, sell at an auction for $4300 a couple years ago. It was so cold that day, it wouldn't start. That tractor was in good to very good condition. Soundguy has the right estimate, but really depends on condition.

Are those hours really correct? Strange for tractor of that age with those few hours.

/ Price on a 68 Ford 3500 #4  
I have decided to buy a JD 110 tlb and sell the 1968 Ford 3500 I have. The tractor is a 3 cyl gas with 2300 hrs. It runs good but has the usual leaks. The paint is 3/4 there but not rotted away. It has a loader and the 6x4 transmission, tranny pto, and a sheet metal cab. What should I be able to get for this tractor? $5k too much?

is it a tractor loader (TL) just a tractor (T) or a tractor loader backhoe (TLB)????

/ Price on a 68 Ford 3500 #5  
is it a tractor loader (TL) just a tractor (T) or a tractor loader backhoe (TLB)????

He specifically mentions it has a loader.. so hard to believe it would just be a (T).. since he's describing a (TL).

soundguy

/ Price on a 68 Ford 3500
It is a tractor loader. I figured the hour meter was broke on it when I first sat on it, but it still counts. It doesn't smoke when started, the spark plugs stay clean, it doesn't burn any oil, so my guess is the hours are correct.

/ Price on a 68 Ford 3500 #7  
Don't know how stuck you are on the JD110 but the JCB MidiCX is a sweet unit.
Dan

Partspring original JCB parts