Self Leveling Loaders for TN75

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75 #1  

charleyfarmall

Platinum Member
I just purchased a TN75 without a loader from a private individual. It was priced right so I bought it after considering new tractors.

I bought it primarily for hay work. I use a square bale grapple ( 8 bales at a time) and need a self leveling loader to facilitate stacking trailers. My local independent tractor dealer also sells Alo/ Quicke and I like working with him and consider him a friend. I like the way the Quickes are built and look and have been able to look at them up close. I really like their new locking mechanism. Quicke is now the OEM for Case/ New Holland as well.

Apparently with the new OEM agreement, you can only buy a Quicke for a Case/ New Holland from your nearest Case/ New Holland Dealer and they want $8,000 for the loader ( skid steer and 72" bucket). It just seems like a lot...

I am considering other loaders now but there aren't many choices for mechanical self leveling. Stoll ( I don't think there are any dealers near by) and Westendorf ( Vaguely familiar with them. No experience, not convinced about the way their frame looks when mounted but their web site doesn't have a lot of detail). I am also a little concerned about resale and around here most people have OEM or Bush Hog ( made near here).

Any thoughts??

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75 #2  
You might try KMW Loaders. They are in Kansas and are OEM for Mahindra and some Kioti tractors. I believe that they have started making loaders for most tractors of all makes. Check them out if you are not happy with what your finding now.

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75 #3  
Could you please provide a little detail about what you mean by "self leveling". I know what float is, but not too sure I know what self leveling is. Or are they the same thing. I have a Koyker aftermarket FEL. Put it on tractor that was 35 years old when I bought the loader. Followed the instructions and the thing fit like a glove. I have seen too many other loaders, but this thing is build pretty stout and the bucket is heavy. They have two loaders that fit your tractor and even show a photo of one the TN75. The only other suggestion I have is regardless of which loader you go with make sure to get a skid steer style mount. It will make getting other attachment much cheaper and easier to get.

Wedge

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75 #4  
Could you please provide a little detail about what you mean by "self leveling". I know what float is, but not too sure I know what self leveling is. Or are they the same thing. I have a Koyker aftermarket FEL. Put it on tractor that was 35 years old when I bought the loader. Followed the instructions and the thing fit like a glove. I have seen too many other loaders, but this thing is build pretty stout and the bucket is heavy. They have two loaders that fit your tractor and even show a photo of one the TN75. The only other suggestion I have is regardless of which loader you go with make sure to get a skid steer style mount. It will make getting other attachment much cheaper and easier to get.

Wedge

Self leveling is a mechanical linkage that keeps the bucket/forks at the same angle as you raise the loader. If you are using forks a lot this feature is very useful.

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75
Self leveling is the main reason for having a loader on this tractor, I use a square bale grapple to move up to 10,000 bales of hay a year and it makes a big difference moving a pallet of 8 bales at a time to stack a trailer.

Some manufacturers are going to a hydraulic valve system to keep the bucket or attachment level but they are not as accurate and still need adjustment. Some of them are level in the up direction only but I want up and down to reduce operator corrections. I am pretty set that I need a mechanical self leveler.

So far the only loader companies that offer MSL are Quickie ($8,000), Stoll, Westendorf, Allied- Buhler ( $9300 delivered to the dealer before installation costs). I don't know who makes the loaders for Deere or Kioti.

I was somehow expecting to spend less than $7,000. Sigh.

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75 #6  
Here is a link to KMW.KMW Ltd. - KMW 1440 Front End Loader. The pic in the link is a Case JX75. Has lift capacity of 4400lbs at link pins. So here is another company, but their self leveling loaders are hydraulic. Might check on them, I believe that the hydraulic self leveling loaders have gotten better than they used to be. I know that visibility is a whole lot better.

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75
Miller and KMW do not have mechanical self leveling. Miller offers "Level Up" which is a hydraulic compensation valve that bleeds into the bucket cylinder to keep it APPROXIMATELY level in the up direction only. All of the hydraulic valve solutions are approximate and will vary depending on the weight being lifted.

Buhler used to have a mechanical/ hydraulic solution which used a compensating cylinder that shuttled fluid to the bucket cylinder based on position of the booms. It's something the advanced home fabricator could rig up on their own loader if they wanted to experiment and add self leveling capacity. A project is not what I am looking for though!

/ Self Leveling Loaders for TN75 #10  
Miller and KMW do not have mechanical self leveling. Miller offers "Level Up" which is a hydraulic compensation valve that bleeds into the bucket cylinder to keep it APPROXIMATELY level in the up direction only. All of the hydraulic valve solutions are approximate and will vary depending on the weight being lifted.

Buhler used to have a mechanical/ hydraulic solution which used a compensating cylinder that shuttled fluid to the bucket cylinder based on position of the booms. It's something the advanced home fabricator could rig up on their own loader if they wanted to experiment and add self leveling capacity. A project is not what I am looking for though!

As it stands, we do not have the loader for your tractor in our line up yet. It is in engineering right now. I do have to ask why you are set on mechanical self-level over hydraulic self-level? Having run both, I would never choose mechanical over hydraulic. Less wear points, you can take it on and off, you are not limited in dump or roll back, better visibility....