Need help with various Ford models

/ Need help with various Ford models #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
Ive been doing some research and it seems that the "10" series Fords are rather well thought of. I want 4wd and it seems that Manual is the way to go. Here is my question. Of the following Ford models, do they all have pretty much the same workings, just differ in HP, or are they different animals all together? Do any of these models particularly outshine the others? if so, WHY?

thanks in advance.

/ Need help with various Ford models #2  
5610 and 6610 are 4 cylinder straddle mount tractors, sturdy and well thought of, there are orchard and other low-production variations of these models.
7710 is a 4 cylinder turbocharged flat deck tractor, very, very popular model.
7810 is a 6 cylinder tractor produced for 2-1/2 years, not many around "here".
8010 is a Mexican-built 6 cylinder straddle mount tractor.

/ Need help with various Ford models
Thanks for the good information Rick, thats just the sort of thing I was needing. Now what about width (as in hauling on a trailer) Would you need anything more than a good heavy standard width lowboy gooseneck to haul the larger models I listed or would you need a no rail float? Also, tell me more about the Fords made in Mexico. How much of a negative is this?

/ Need help with various Ford models #4  
The 10 Series that was most popular in our area was the 7610. Same engine as the 7710...4-cylinder turbo...but it was a straddle mount so the operator sat lower. Dan

Partspring original New Holland parts

/ Need help with various Ford models #5  
Re: Those assembled in Mexico. I'd almost forgotten about that, and don't remember anything unusual about them. The parts are interchangeable with those assembled elsewhere.

If you wanted to stick with Ford, and wanted more HP than the 7710, which model (4wd) would you be looking at? The 7810,8010,8210 dont seem th share the same following as the 6610 and 7710, why is this?

/ Need help with various Ford models #7  
The 8010 doesn't share the same following because it isn't a true 10 series. It was built in the mid to late 90's and I don't know how much it actually has in common with the 10 series tractors from the 80's. The 7810 does have a good reputation but is harder to find then the 7710. The 8210 is much easier to find around here then the 7810 and is a great tractor to operate. I like the longer frame of the 6cylinder 8210 vs the 7710 with 4 cylinder.

Remember though, not all tractors are true 10 series tractors. They look similar but do not have as great a reputation as their 80's originals.

I loved my 7710-II as it did everything I wanted. I would have liked either a 7810 or 8210 only for the longer wheelbase providing a smoother ride as my main use is tillage and haying. Haying isn't as bad but tillage gets a little bumpy.

There is an 8210 4wd at my local dealer but a few people have told me that I should pass on it because it is an "English" tracor. What exactly does this mean, and why would it be a negative?

/ Need help with various Ford models #9  
There is an 8210 4wd at my local dealer but a few people have told me that I should pass on it because it is an "English" tracor. What exactly does this mean, and why would it be a negative?

There are some English brands that have reputations as being unreliable so anything built there is branded the same by certain people. Ford built a lot of great tractors in England. But I am sure you will find someone who doesn't like something about just about any tractor on the market. If the only complaint they have about the tractor is that it is built in England that that should be a good sign.

/ Need help with various Ford models #10  
Get a 7610s 4wd. Our county has a fleet of them.

I have a 2wd model and absolutely love mine.. I pull a 15' batwing mower with it.

parts aren't too bad on them either.. all open frame work.. easy to get to stuff.

soundguy