Default Availability of Fordson Dexta Parts

I have been looking at a 1959 Fordson Dexta tractor with live power, live pto, 6 forward + 2 reverse gears, and a F3.144 Perkins 3-cylinder engine. It has been sitting for a while unused and won't start. I am not sure if it is fuel related or something else. My question is: is there a good ready source for parts for these British tractors like there is for the early Fergusons?

The present owner bought it to restore and has some new parts including fenders but has to sell due to illness. He is asking $850 for the tractor and his cost for the new parts if I want them. Deal or no deal? I want something that I can do together with my 2 sons before they grow up and leave the nest. I don't care if it is something that needs work as long as parts are available.

Thanks,
    twtrout

Tractor
    1971 Ford 2000 dsl;1985 Ford 1710 dsl.

Default Re: Availability of Fordson Dexta Parts

You need to post this in the Fordson discussion column @yesterdays tractors.com. You'll find some very knowledgeable & helpful info there.

Carrie

Although my name implies I am a business, I am not. I do have a 56 Dexta and can get parts for most componets. Parts are very accessable. Sometimes you have to get them from England, but, not often. The price for the 59 Dexta is good if it has decent rubber and the engine is not frozen up and the transmission goes in all gears.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L48 Kobelco sk100 Kobelco sko35 case 450 Mack R600

I would say you can buy 90-95% of the parts for that tractor we have very little trouble find parts for the old machines here at our dealership