TB, TC, TL, TN, TD, TW etc ?????

/ TB, TC, TL, TN, TD, TW etc ????? #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
In general, what do each of the New Holland series designations mean. It appears to be a "quality" or "options" or "duty" issue. Any clarification is welcome. thanks

/ TB, TC, TL, TN, TD, TW etc ????? #3  
I am not sure about TB or TD as they were newer, economy lines but from what I recall TC is Tractor Compact, TN is Tractor Narrow, TW is from the old TW and FW series where TW was Two Wheel drive and FW Four Wheel drive (the articulated tractors built by Steiger). TL is Tractor Little or Low as I can't recall. TS Tractor Small, TM tractor Medium, TG Tractor Grand and TJ is something like Tractor Jumbo.

/ TB, TC, TL, TN, TD, TW etc ????? #4  
I am not sure about TB or TD as they were newer, economy lines but from what I recall TC is Tractor Compact, TN is Tractor Narrow, TW is from the old TW and FW series where TW was Two Wheel drive and FW Four Wheel drive (the articulated tractors built by Steiger). TL is Tractor Little or Low as I can't recall. TS Tractor Small, TM tractor Medium, TG Tractor Grand and TJ is something like Tractor Jumbo.

That sounds nice, but I have never seen it substantiated. One must remember, except for the TW and FW series, the folks writing the checks for all this have English as their second language, and don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that the sun rises and sets on the Western Hemisphere.

/ TB, TC, TL, TN, TD, TW etc ????? #5  
That sounds nice, but I have never seen it substantiated. One must remember, except for the TW and FW series, the folks writing the checks for all this have English as their second language, and don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that the sun rises and sets on the Western Hemisphere.

I can't say I have seen it in writing either but a good friend of mine I trust is tied into this industry and he is the one who told me about what these letters are suppose to designate as he learned it from one of the VPs at New Holland back around 2002. I can't recall her name though:(

/ TB, TC, TL, TN, TD, TW etc ????? #6  
We've asked this qestion of factory folks many times and consistantly get the answer that the old lettering system means nothing at all. Thankfully the new one does... hopfuly they won't change it yet again.

/ TB, TC, TL, TN, TD, TW etc ????? #7  
In general, what do each of the New Holland series designations mean. It appears to be a "quality" or "options" or "duty" issue. Any clarification is welcome. thanks

Mike, you forgot "TT" in your list. . . but even my 3-yr old granddaughter knows what TT stands for.;):rolleyes: