NH 463 disc mower

/ NH 463 disc mower #1  

Simpkins85

Bronze Member
I found a NH 463 disc mower in great shape barn kept for $3000 is this to high for this mower and are they pretty good mowers?

/ NH 463 disc mower #2  
Simpkin85.. I was at a locally owned and operated Pop & Sons rural repair, parts, sales and service shop, just yesterday in my area. The least expensive used disc mower they had on hand was asking between $3000.00 & $3500.00 for them. The ones I saw had some wear and tear on them, but were field ready as for as being mechanically sound. I would say check it out really well and if your gut tells you its good, go for it.

/ NH 463 disc mower #3  
if thats a good running disc mower its at a more than fair price for it.

/ NH 463 disc mower #4  
I found a NH 463 across the street from my house. It was saved in long grass, but not directly on the ground-Ha Ha! Talked to the owner, went got it, sprayed all moving parts with liquid wrench and let soak for about 30 minutes. I put a pipe wrench to the PTO shaft with a 36" cheater pipe and started working it back and forth until the cutter disc made a full 360. I called the owner back and told him I would give him $300.00 for it as junk. He accepted my offer. Now I got a disc cutter to work on. First will drain old oil from cutter bar housing, flush it out and add fresh oil. then I will connect my PTO to the tractor and spin the heck out of her. If she blows O well, if she don't, I made a good investment. I will let you know which as soon as I get her done.