Price Check Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D...

/ Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D... #1  

RoadGear

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC55DA MFWD EHSS 12 + 12
Hello to you all from South Western Michigan!

I have a small farm (50 acres) and I have been lurking around this board for a couple of weeks just to see and get information on compact/utility tractors. In fact, all of you here on the NH/Ford forum are responsible for my trip today to my local NH dealer!

I test drove a 2005 TC55D with the 12 + 12 trans/shuttle shift and loader and I must say that I am impressed! And that joystick loader control is SWEET! Anyway, the tractor has 375 hours on it, loader, grill guard, fiberglass canopy and a rear remote. The loader bucket is 72" quick attach and the the dealer says it can take any skid steer attachment. The rubber is like new and the paint/panels are in super shape.

$23,750 delivered is what he said he could do.

Seems like a good deal to me....I'm thinking about pulling the trigger...:rolleyes:

Mike :D

/ Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D...
Hold the phone fellas!

A better deal just came around. I found a TC55D about 150 miles from where I live (actually, someone found it for me). It is a 2004, a year older than the one I test drove at the dealer and has 325 hrs. on the clock.

It has 4WD, loader, regular bucket, rock/manure bucket, snow blade with power tilt, a Woods RM 90 finish mower, rear remote, all four tires are loaded and the guy wants $19,000.00 for it.:eek:

I've got a guy who knows tractors who's a shirt tail relative of mine about 2 miles from the guy. He is going over there to eyeball it and get back with me.

Last edited:
   / Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D... #3  
Either price is good for a TC55D. I've got a 22 year old 2120 which is the same basic tractor. It's actually my favorite tractor and has been through h**l with me. This winter it sat outside at the farm from November til last weelk and still started and ran perfect on first revolution with no battery charging. They are very strong tractors. You'll love it.

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply!

It's nice to see that the TC55 has a good heritage. As I mentioned before, I was quite impressed with the NH when I took the test drive, but I'm sure I would have been impressed with any of the newer tractors. I mean I have never used anything newer than probably a 1960's era machine - the 2 that I have now are a Ferguson TO30 and a Cub 154 Lo Boy and the guy that I rent to has a pair of Case 930's that I have use of too. As a matter of fact, if you look at my avatar that's me on one of the Case 930s pulling a double rake.

I'm looking forward to checking out the other TC55 with the extra gear. If it is in good shape, which it should be with only 325 hours, it's coming home with me!

/ Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D... #5  
I noticed some real decent prices lately on the tn series as well. One step up in terms of no ''compact' in front of the term 'utility'. Still, 'accessorizing' is expensive (implements).

I noticed some real decent prices lately on the tn series as well. One step up in terms of no ''compact' in front of the term 'utility'. Still, 'accessorizing' is expensive (implements).

Thanks for the info mojo! I have not really looked at the TN series as I feel that the TC55 will really fill the bill around our small farm. Plus after the test drive at the dealer, I was really sold on the TC control layout and maneuverability and I really dig that EHSS. I know that the TC55 is still termed a "compact" utility tractor (and some look down their nose at that), but it is far from a toy.

And the price of the tractor and the cost of implements is far from "compact" also! :eek:

/ Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D... #7  
Hold the phone fellas!

A better deal just came around. I found a TC55D about 150 miles from where I live (actually, someone found it for me). It is a 2004, a year older than the one I test drove at the dealer and has 325 hrs. on the clock.

It has 4WD, loader, regular bucket, rock/manure bucket, snow blade with power tilt, a Woods RM 90 finish mower, rear remote, all four tires are loaded and the guy wants $19,000.00 for it.:eek:

I've got a guy who knows tractors who's a shirt tail relative of mine about 2 miles from the guy. He is going over there to eyeball it and get back with me.

This sounds like 50% of the new price for that tractor and attachments. That's a very good deal since tractors don't normally depreciate that fast. The fact that the whole package is for sale usually means the seller is moving or has decided to go to another tractor that can't use the attachments. I'd suggest having your relative ask just why the tractor is being sold. The answer could be "smoke" or a valid reason. You'll have to decide for yourself.

/ Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D... #8  

I have both a TN75D and a 2120. They are much different in size. The 2120 can go a lot of places the TN can't. Of course the TN will out pull or lift the 2120 anyday.

I still love the 2120. It's my favorite of the 6-7 tractors I have owned.

Andy

/ Price check on aisle 3....NH TC 55D... #9  
BTW, a TN will destroy implements sized for smaller TC and even TC 55 sized machines unless you are very gentle.

Andy

Hi Jim! Thanks for joining the conversation.

The wife and I took a road trip to see the tractor in person. It is located about 120 miles north of me and was part of the maintenance equipment at a 80 acre deer camp/lodge/snowmobile camp setup. The camp and acreage is being sold off and the equipment is being sold separately.

Between the state of the economy and that this is a basically a financially depressed area where this camp is located and the fact that the owner has relocated to Florida, I think there is a certain desperation to get out from under.

I checked out the tractor and everything is in great shape. It was setting at the caretaker's place with a Virnig 72" rock bucket mounted to the 18LA loader and a Woods RM990 finish mower behind it. Here's a few pics:

3490280448_ba99935d52_o.jpg

3489464695_9c30b482b5_o.jpg

3489465005_b19e08e1d0_o.jpg

There is also the regular 72" bucket and a Western snow plow with power angle and a custom mount to fit the loader.

I verified the price of $19,000 and I told him I would buy it. He shook my hand and said to bring him a check when I pick it up. My friend and I are going to take his big twin screw Volvo dump and equipment trailer to pick it up this Saturday. I will take pictures and share them with you all.

I'm excited!