Differences between TC33 and TC30?

/ Differences between TC33 and TC30? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I recently visited a NH dealer and the salesman steered me toward the TC30 even though I had specifically gone to talk to him about the TC33. His message to me, over and over, was that the basic mechanics of the TC30 is essentially identical to the TC33, the main difference is the sheetmetal body vs. the composite of the TC33. The price that he was quoting for the TC30 was considerably less that the TC33 so I am kind of leaning that direction. Is this guy telling me the truth? Should I be giving the TC33 more careful consideration? So confused ...

Mike Stanbro
Portland, Oregon

/ Differences between TC33 and TC30? #2  
Mike, I'm sure you discussed how you plan to use your tractor with the salesman. If he recommended a tractor like the TC30 when he is looking at making less than if he sold you the TC33D (only the "D" model has hydro tranny like the TC30), I have to believe he has made an honest evaluation and is working in your interest rather than his. You've already mentioned styling, but if you take weight into consideration and the controls of the TC30 feel right, I'd give it serious consideration. ...just my two cents.

/ Differences between TC33 and TC30? #3  
They are basically the same tractor with the subtraction of the ammenities you find on the TC33 Go with the TC30 save some money we have sold 28 of them so far this spring without a single complaint from anyone. The only thing I have heard is how much money they saved and this allowed them to buy more toys.

/ Differences between TC33 and TC30?
Thanks for the prompt replies, they are very much appreciated. It sounds like one or both of you are dealers. I am fairly new to this forum as I just purchased a new place with 7 acreas of pasture. As such I am now learning about tractors as fast as I can! This forum has proven to be a great source of information.

One more question ... what price difference should I expect to pay between a TC30 and TC33 when they are both equipped with 4WD and hydro? Just the base tractor without any implements and no supersteer on the TC33.

Mike Stanbro
Portland, Oregon

/ Differences between TC33 and TC30? #5  
I chose a TC30 Hydro to save $$$ over the TC33D. I have had mine for about two months and have not been sorry one bit.

Jerry