Which 60hp?

/ Which 60hp? #1  

Colby Forest

Bronze Member
Hi there!

New to here and new to tractors, looking for advice. Looking for a tractor with FEL, rear snowblower, grader bar, winch, and backhoe to remove snow on a 1/4 mile drive, haul trees for firewood from 160 acres, grade said drive, dig drainage ditches, and maybe till an acre later. And all the other stuff one does with tractors.

Don't plan on mowing, or haying but who knows what the future may bring?

In our area we have well-established NH and JD dealers, a new Kubota and a new Kioti dealer. The NH dealer has given us a quote on a T2420 with block heater and cab, 12 x 12 hydraulic shift, 4wd, and industrial tires, 2 rear remotes, 270TL loader, 930BH (GH?) backhoe, 84 CSR rear blower and a 7' Rhino 500 rear blade, manual angle: $48,958.00 (+ sales tax:rolleyes:). Is he nuts? Are we? Or is this reasonable? We live 30 miles from the closest "city" where Kubota and JD are, 45 from the NH dealer and Kioti. We're almost 200 miles north of Bangor.

Have also seen another thread where someone recommended a TN70 (75?) instead of the T2420/4060. What do you think?

We talked to Kubota dealer about a M5040. They don't seem to know much about their tractors yet. They deal with Honda ATV's and motorcycles. They also sell snowmobiles. The tractors are a new line for them. They seem more like car salesmen. The NH dealer was more laid back and willing to give us the information we were seeking and admitted when he didn't know something. He also mailed us a well-organized printed quote, where the Kubota dealer would just rattle numbers of to us. John Deere just seemed too expensive. Also at the time JD and Kubota could not put a backhoe on with a factory cab. They might have been able to put a Woods or some other on.

/ Which 60hp? #2  
Hi there!

New to here and new to tractors, looking for advice. Looking for a tractor with FEL, rear snowblower, grader bar, winch, and backhoe to remove snow on a 1/4 mile drive, haul trees for firewood from 160 acres, grade said drive, dig drainage ditches, and maybe till an acre later. And all the other stuff one does with tractors.

In our area we have well-established NH and JD dealers, a new Kubota and a new Kioti dealer. The NH dealer has given us a quote on a T2420 with block heater and cab, 12 x 12 hydraulic shift, 4wd, and industrial tires, 2 rear remotes, 270TL loader, 930BH (GH?) backhoe, 84 CSR rear blower and a 7' Rhino 500 rear blade, manual angle: $48,958.00 (+ sales tax:rolleyes:). Is he nuts? Are we? Or is this reasonable? We live 30 miles from the closest "city" where Kubota and JD are, 45 from the NH dealer and Kioti. We're almost 200 miles north of Bangor.

Have also seen another thread where someone recommended a TN70 (75?) instead of the T2420/4060. What do you think?

We talked to Kubota dealer about a M5040. They don't seem to know much about their tractors yet. They deal with Honda ATV's and motorcycles. They also sell snowmobiles. The tractors are a new line for them. They seem more like car salesmen. The NH dealer was more laid back and willing to give us the information we were seeking and admitted when he didn't know something. He also mailed us a well-organized printed quote, where the Kubota dealer would just rattle numbers of to us. John Deere just seemed too expensive. Also at the time JD and Kubota could not put a backhoe on with a factory cab. They might have been able to put a Woods or some other on.

I think you need to get a quote on the individual pieces instead of the "one price for everything" approach. If you post those individual numbers, I'd bet you will get more response. People with one of those items can then respond. I would think you would want a quote that way from any dealer too.

Have you looked at the TT60A or TT75A tractors? They are a simple design economy tractor and would be a better deal for you in my opinion.

/ Which 60hp?
Thanks jinman for the suggestion. OK. T2420, 60hp, 51pto, cab, hydro 12x12, 4WD, R4's, block heater: 29,561. 270TL loader, 6' bucket: 4,566. 930BH backhoe, 18' bucket, banana boom: 8,250. 84CSR rear snowblower, dual hydraulics, 84" cut width: 4,259. Two rear remotes: 1,400. Rhino 500 rear blade, 7' blade, manual angle: 922.

Haven't looked at TT's, there are so many different models, T this, T that :confused:. Can you get a cab on them?

Last edited:
   / Which 60hp? #4  
Hi there!

Those aren't crickets...those are blackflys and they are hungry! Don't have much to add for current pricing. I plow a similar length road and haul wood with my TC48 and it is great. Talk of backhoes and cabs is just to get some of us dreaming...they didn't have a factory cab on the 48. I saw a couple of new cab NHs headed north on 295 on Friday..must be headed your way:)
Good luck

/ Which 60hp? #5  
Thanks jinman for the suggestion. OK. T2420, 60hp, 51pto, cab, hydro 12x12, 4WD, R4's, block heater: 29,561. 270TL loader, 6' bucket: 4,566. 930BH backhoe, 18' bucket, banana boom: 8,250. 84CSR rear snowblower, dual hydraulics, 84" cut width: 4,259. Two rear remotes: 1,400. Rhino 500 rear blade, 7' blade, manual angle: 922.

Haven't looked at TT's, there are so many different models, T this, T that :confused:. Can you get a cab on them?

Colby, I think your cabbed tractor and loader price are on the high side by as much as $2500. The cab adds a lot, but I don't think your quote is as good as it should be, especially with all the extra stuff you are buying. For that package deal, I think the dealer should give you a better price.

The TT series of tractors do not have a factory cab. I'm not sure if anyone is making a cab for them. That's the only problem I see. I know that in your location a cab is very important. I'd ask the dealer if he has a source for a cab on the TT models.

/ Which 60hp?
Colby, I think your cabbed tractor and loader price are on the high side by as much as $2500. The cab adds a lot, but I don't think your quote is as good as it should be, especially with all the extra stuff you are buying. For that package deal, I think the dealer should give you a better price.

The TT series of tractors do not have a factory cab. I'm not sure if anyone is making a cab for them. That's the only problem I see. I know that in your location a cab is very important. I'd ask the dealer if he has a source for a cab on the TT models.

I thought it was a bit high, 'cause that even included a cash discount! Maybe he's leaving room for negotiation? Maybe because it's Northern Maine where lots of things are more expensive, 'cause there ain't many people :) and these guys don't have a whole lot of competition. They're the only NH dealer within 150 miles, unless we go to Canada. Not sticking up for him, just wondering. Thanks for your post, more ammunition to arm ourselves.

As for the cab, need it for the winter and to keep those blackflies from feasting. Hard to see where your driving when they get in your eyes. They like to go up your nose and in your ears too. I'm sure SkogenMe can attest ;)

/ Which 60hp?
Those aren't crickets...those are blackflys and they are hungry!
Wait 'til the mosquitoes and no-see-ums start whining!:rolleyes:

Hope we're not just dreaming too. Have this feeling that when the bill hits for bailing out the economy, we're going to see inflation. So, it may be now or never.

Hope this isn't blasphemous ;), but are NH and Case in this class of tractor, pretty much the same? They are the same company, aren't they?

/ Which 60hp? #8  
The Case and NH are pretty much the same with minor differences. I looked at both brands in a 55hp and decided on Case based on the dealer and a lower price. NH has the larger light light design which gives room for high and low beams in addtition to work lights. Case has low beams and work lights. My DX55 was one of the first built after they changed some things in early 2007, and it doesn't have draft control. I'm not sure if the newer NH have it or not. For some reason, Case had the new tractors to market about 6 months ahead of NH too. There might be other minor differences but I can't think of any now. If you have a Case dealer close to you, it would be worth your time to get a quote from them to compare.

/ Which 60hp? #9  
Wait 'til the mosquitoes and no-see-ums start whining!:rolleyes:

Hope we're not just dreaming too. Have this feeling that when the bill hits for bailing out the economy, we're going to see inflation. So, it may be now or never.

Hope this isn't blasphemous ;), but are NH and Case in this class of tractor, pretty much the same? They are the same company, aren't they?

Good crop of mosquitoes tonight....
Again my info is kind of out of date but similar to FORD850 four years ago when I got mine. The Case had square lights and no draft control. For me the three NH dealers were all very close in price and the Case was about $1,000 higher. The NH folks were more interested in talking about FOPS also. Local mileage sure to vary.

/ Which 60hp?
Just to put the knot on the end of this thread-
Thanks to everyone for their help. But I had to go with a good deal on Kubota M5040 with cab and loader. Just a gut feeling about the strength of it over the NH and Case 60hps. The Case dealer seems like a really nice guy. I wish he sold Kubota.