Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ...

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #1  

rioravioli

Tractor
JD 2305
Looking at this purchase any constructive opinions are wanted especially from current owners...???

thx:D

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #2  
I was trying to get info too. I saw these (and the 1030) on the New Holland web site and looked at all the implements they have to offer. Looked like it could be a good purchase option. But I had a couple questions that were not answered on the web site.I wanted to know if the mid-mount mower and the backhoe are compatible (meaning if they could both be on like the Massey GC) or if you have to remove mounting brackets like on some John Deeres. I also wanted to know if the front quick hitch (for front mount snow blower) would interfere with FEL or if it stays on all the time. So, with no local dealer, I emailed New Holland customer service. No reply. Emailed again a month later. Did not answer questions, but gave me a list of dealers and said if I had any other questions feel free to contact them? (why, they didn't give me an answer to the first question.) So out of the five dealers they listed for me, two aren't even remotely near my province, one is under contract with New Holland to build mining equipment and they told me they cannot sell equipment themselves, and the other two did not call me back.
Sales must be good for NH. Apparently they don't want any new buyers. I even e-mailed them back and politely commented "how can I have faith in purchasing a New Holland product and rely on parts and service, when you can't even answer a simple question for a prospective buyer?" I did not get any reply on that either. It's too bad, they look like a nice tractor with some very nice features. Good luck.

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ...
Well I'm not stuck on any one of the brand names. Actually, things must be good in the tractor industry all together. All of the major brands are offering special financing however none of the local dealers for any of them are really interested in making any major moves pricing wise to facilitate a sale.

In order to get any decent pricing at all I have to buy from an out of state dealer as their the only ones wanting to deal. I'm talking all the major brands, JD, Kubota and Cub Cadet. The Massey dealer was just out of sight on his pricing i swear he quoted me pretty close to MSRP:eek:, honestly these people are either selling tractors at a major pace or completely out of their friggin' minds.

As far as New Holland is concerned there are a couple of dealers close to me but I can't seem to find any information about them online from any of the forums including this one. What's up with that?

Which of the offshore countries builds them Korea, Japan or China ...? It's really, really, sad what has become of this Country - Most of the JD parts are manufactured in China with more of the same coming as they just bought out a Chinese tractor manufacturer... :rolleyes:

I think I will just wait till the DEAD of winter middle of January and walk back into these dealers and do some cash dealing - we'll see then if that smug attitude is still gleaming on their faces. Who will be buying then with the 0% financing over...???

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #4  
I know what you mean. That's why I haven't purchased yet. I have a dealer close by that hasn't been moving anything so I made an off and will now just sit. I'm in no hurry anyway. Worse case scenerio most of the dealers I talked to said more new "sales" will start for the winter. And yes, it seems like if you want a good deal you have to go out of town. It is amazing how much the price differs on identical tractors in different states.
I also noticed there is not much activity on any New Holland forums. Maybe that's a sign:confused:
As far as build....the boomers are made by Shibaura (not sure if I spelled that right). Hopefully somebody that knows something about these tractors can chime in.

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #5  
I'm not sure where in Ontario you are, Paystar, and that's one biiiig province. If you are in NW Ontario and consider Winnipeg the nearest major centre though, apparently Mazer handles the boomer series around here, or at least that's what I'm told.

According to my friend, the 1010 (smallest of the series) is a "sweet toy." He seemed especially impressed with the cup holder, which allowed him to mow and load manure without spilling his beer.

He ran one for about a day and a half at one of his inlaw's places, so no long-term reviews or anything.

He drives truck and runs some pretty heavy equipment for a living though, so for him to have anything positive to say about something that small can be taken as a positive sign.

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #6  
Hey. Guys. Any more information on the 1025. I really like the tractor but like you have said, most dealers don't call you back. Prices for a 1025 with a 60" mmm is about $13,500 as compared to a Kubota bx2660 for $11,500. What gives? The tractors are really close in many ways so why is the nw so much more? You would think that nh would try to mover more of these. I looked at the 1030 and it looks to be too large for my needs. Any more thoughts since last summer?

Last edited:
   / Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #7  
Well the dealer here - SW Saskatchewan seems to be moving more and more of the 1025's. I have the 1030. Have tilled, blown snow, and now got some mowing hours on it. I couldn't be happier. I would think the 1025 would be quite similar just slightly smaller.

If you are going to be doing a lot of loader work you will want some kind of rear weight - ballast or implement. I didn't weight the tires on my 1030 and it tills great. In the grass though it packs it just a little too much sometimes if its still damp. so you get little high points in your grass on the wheel lines. Not an issue for me, but might be for some. I use the 3pt mower so no time on a MMM.

As far as price - I have the 1030 with loader, 54" tiller, 64" Snow blower, 60" 3PT finish mower - all NH and a King Kutter 48" box blade. All bought brand new mower and blade done at a different time than original package and I'm still under 20,000 with tax and all fees.... that was my budget.... so I guess I still have a few dollars to spend! lol...

The NH attachments seem to be really good quality with grease points and easy maintenance - I haven't had any issues.

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #8  
I can't give you any long term yet, I've had my 3040 about a month. But my brother in law has a 1030 and abuses it, and it keeps asking for more. that little tractor amazes me. I got my 3040 with NH loader and 6' cutter for 23500

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #9  
I've had a 1030 since Sep 09. Have 87 Hrs on it. Very similar to the 1025. Strong tractor, no problems so far. I do need to weight the rear tires. I don't mow, so I have no idea how it would preform.

/ Boomer 1025 opinions wanted ... #10  
I have a T1110 early model of the now 1030. All I can say is this thing is amazing for such a "small"tractor. It handles anything that I throw at it and keeps on ticking. plus it is about the same size as the 1988 JD 420 garden tractor that it replaced but does so much more than the ole JD.:thumbsup:
Cheers