home made tractor stand

/ home made tractor stand #1  

fltem06

Bronze Member
Tractor
1971 Ford 2000 dsl;1985 Ford 1710 dsl.
Awhile back,there was a fellow that made a stand that used a bottle jack and wheels. He used it when splitting his tractor.I'm looking for a pic of his design. Can anyone help me out??:confused:

/ home made tractor stand #2  
Use an A frame engine lift. Works great, moveable, has the ram for slight movements.

/ home made tractor stand #3  
I used a 2 1/2 ton floor jack to support the back half and an engine hoist to support the front half for my ford 861. Just took it apart two weekends ago in about 3 hours for replacing the clutch, decided to replace some other seals and o-rings, ordered parts and put it back together the following weekend. For me the floor jack stayed up well. The engine hoist, I'll need to add some fluid next time I go to use it because it would very slowly leak down and i would have to jack it back up after a couple days to keep jack from tipping (wheels of jack off ground due to front of tractor rolling forward as jack went down). I could have remedied this by placing a jack stand underneath the engine block but chose to hang two pails of drywall mud from the handles of the jack.

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    871.3 KB · Views: 3,567
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    755.9 KB · Views: 7,369
   / home made tractor stand #4  
Search post's from user "3RRL" from when he fixed his clutch, he had some great pictures.

/ home made tractor stand #5  
Your question seems "oddly" placed in the New Holland Buying/Pricing forum.:confused: I believe the thread you are looking for is by Newhollandharley and is in the NH Owning/Operating forum.

Rusted Clutch

To go directly to the pictures in the member's photo section:

Photos

Look for photos by Newhollandharley.