Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today #1  

Lt CHEG

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland T5.120
I went to the local NH dealer today to take a look at their offerings in detail. The only other dealer I had been to where I even had the opportunity to sit in the cab was a John Deere dealership and I really want to look at everything in detail before I pull the trigger so to speak. I am really interested in something with a climate controlled factory cab. There wasn't a cab model on the lot today but there is one available, so the dealership let me look at a brand new old stock 2320 without the cab today and explained that it is the same tractor as the Boomer 3045. I was very impressed with the dealer as he took the time to explain everything to me in detail even though I am really just starting my search. Anyhow, I played with the tractor a little and played around the demonstration dirt pile a little with the front end loader. I came away feeling impressed with the tractor. The last time I used equipment with any sort of regularity was with full size backhoes. I must admit that there is a huge difference in capability with this size tractor/loader combo than what I had used in the past, but since I won't be filling up dump trucks with the loader I feel that this combo would be fine for my needs. It did give me the feeling though that I need to be looking at the higher end of the horsepower spectrum than what I originally thought. I picked up literature from a Massey Dealer and thought the 1533 would fit my bill, and thought that the Deere 3520 would be the right JD for me if I was to go in that direction. After having operated this 45 HP tractor which is more powerful than any of the tractors I just mentioned, and noticing a difference in capability than what I am used to, I am thinking that I would be disappointed with something with less horses.

So I'm really starting to dig the 2320/ Boomer 3045. I'm looking forward to getting a closer look at a cab model as I'm 99% sure that I will want the cab for summer cutting, and to a lesser extent winter snow removal. Can anyone share their opinions on this tractor? Is there anything I should look for if I can come across one that's used but like new? Does the cab really keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter? Any reason why this tractor wouldn't go 3500 - 4000 hours being used to tend to a 6.5 acre homestead, cutting and bush hogging in the summer and moving snow in the winter? Any other tractors I should be checking out if I liked this one? Thanks in advance for the advice, I appreciate the help.

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today #2  
I just traded my 2007 TC35DA for a Boomer 3045 w/ Cab & R4 tires. I had a 350TL Loader and kept it. I also purchased a set of turf tires and the 84" 914A belly mower so I can mow my lawn of 4 acres. I have only put 14 hours on it, but I will tell you that the A/C will freeze you out if you want and the cab is very comfortable. I would recommend you go ahead and have the factory radio installed, arm rests for th seat, and also install a couple hydraulic remotes right away also. I think this tractor would be good for your acreage. Mine is 18 acres and this tractor is great. With my TC35DA (which I loved), I used a NH 74" rear snowblower in the winter and a Western Snowplow on the front loader with the front hydraulic kit to power angle it. I also have the 72"HD New Holland 3pt tiller that I use for my .5 acre sweet corn patch and wife's garden. I mow my kids 4-wheeler trails with a John Deere LX5 3pt rotary mower (which I wish was a 6' instead) and the tractor runs it like it's not even back there. All in all so far I love the Boomer 3045 and am looking forward to see how it will work for me in the winter. I have a 1000' driveway that plugs with snow easilly and the drifts get to be about 8-12' tall (that's why I need the blower), so I will be having fun this winter. I am sure you will like it too. I choose the NH over Massey and John Deere mainly because of price and good dealer. the john deere's cab seemed cramped to me, but the Massey was nice also, just more expensive.

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today #3  
Sorry my mistake my loader is a 250TL not a 350TL

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today
It does seem like a pretty good deal in the 45 horsepower range. Looking at the cost of options it looks as though I would buy the tractor with the radio mount kit and speakers installed, but I will likely install a radio myself. It's pretty easy to install the radio and I can buy a decent one for $150 instead of the roughly $500 extra for the factory installed option. Also, do you know if you can add the armrests after the fact? Lastly, any idea how much it would cost to add a rear remote? I don't think I'd use hydraulics anywhere else besides the rear. Thanks for the input, I'm glad to hear that you like your Boomer because this tractor is really growing on me pretty fast.

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today #5  
I am guessing around $450 for each rear hydraulic kit, the armrest is a kit about $60 or so I think that just bolts to rear of seat, easy 15 minute install. The radio you may want to check on, my factory installed radio with cd player and weather band was $250 installed. They may have gave me a deal on it I don't know, but the dealer told me that they only use factory radios because the wire harnesses just plug right in and there is no splicing of wires. The extra time it takes to splice wires and figure out what wires are what are a trade off for a cheaper radio. Also they have to remove part of the top of the tractor cab to mount it or something, I'm not sure, but I would just check on the radio install and see what is all involved. FYI, the speakers should not cost any extra as they are a standard item in the cab. Let me know whatyou find on thge radio, i am curios. I feel my dealer treated my right, so I had them do the install for me as they priced all the options installed. Just curious, what is the dealer asking for the tractor and loader setup?

I am guessing around $450 for each rear hydraulic kit, the armrest is a kit about $60 or so I think that just bolts to rear of seat, easy 15 minute install. The radio you may want to check on, my factory installed radio with cd player and weather band was $250 installed. They may have gave me a deal on it I don't know, but the dealer told me that they only use factory radios because the wire harnesses just plug right in and there is no splicing of wires. The extra time it takes to splice wires and figure out what wires are what are a trade off for a cheaper radio. Also they have to remove part of the top of the tractor cab to mount it or something, I'm not sure, but I would just check on the radio install and see what is all involved. FYI, the speakers should not cost any extra as they are a standard item in the cab. Let me know whatyou find on thge radio, i am curios. I feel my dealer treated my right, so I had them do the install for me as they priced all the options installed. Just curious, what is the dealer asking for the tractor and loader setup?

Honestly I haven't checked with the dealer as to how much it would cost to install the radio, but figured it would be comparable to a John Deere which is like $750 according to their build your own option on their website. For $250 as long as it had a CD player and an auxiliary input jack for my Ipod I would probably just let them install the radio. As for the tractor in question, the dealer is asking $27000 for a like new 2008 2320 with cab and 350 TL loader. It certainly seems like a good deal and I want to talk some more numbers this week.

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today #7  
NH is a great tractor - I think they have more "creature" comforts compared to green and orange.
Sounds like you are on the right path for a sweet setup - the only free opinion I'd add is the climate control in the summer... IF you are cutting big, heavy, thick stuff - you may find that the 25% or so HP draw on the engine from the AC compressor is a little much... that's been my experience around tractors this size on hot summer days.
That said - you can always go slower on those days and enjoy the comfort of AC :)
And - you can laugh at open platform folks like me when the snow is a blowin'

You won't be dispointed with the setup.

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today #8  
Honestly I haven't checked with the dealer as to how much it would cost to install the radio, but figured it would be comparable to a John Deere which is like $750 according to their build your own option on their website. For $250 as long as it had a CD player and an auxiliary input jack for my Ipod I would probably just let them install the radio. As for the tractor in question, the dealer is asking $27000 for a like new 2008 2320 with cab and 350 TL loader. It certainly seems like a good deal and I want to talk some more numbers this week.

It's a 250TL loader and for that price for a T2320 cab tractor/ loader I wouldn't wait too long to make a decision;)

/ Looked at a NH 2320/ Boomer 3045 today #9  
I agree with Hematite, granted I traded in my tractor and what not, but my price was in low-mid 30's for 3045 w/ 250TL loader

It's a 250TL loader and for that price for a T2320 cab tractor/ loader I wouldn't wait too long to make a decision;)

Unfortunately it was too late. I called the dealer on Tuesday and it had just sold. It was a nice tractor and a great deal, so I'm kicking myself, but financially it really is better for me to wait another 4 to 6 weeks before buying. I could have gotten it done for this tractor, but maybe it's all for the best. Anyhow, it looks like I'm back to the drawing board now. At least I know that the New Holland will be a solid contender in a new tractor if I can't find another great deal like that one.