Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today

/ Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today #1  

Lt CHEG

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland T5.120
So some of you have probably seen my various tractor comparison threads. Ultimately I decided that any of the tractors that I was looking at were going to get the job done so I shopped for price and dealer. Basically it was down to New Holland and Massey Ferguson. The 0% for 72 month financing offered by both companies made it very hard for Kubota or Deere to compete. In a nutshell Drew at Capital Tractor in Latham, NY really wanted to earn my business and worked the hardest to find me the right tractor.

I ended up with a Boomer 3040 cab tractor with 250 loader. I'm waiting for the loader to arrive and be installed before the tractor is delivered but I at least got a chance to look at the tractor sans loader today after it arrived from another dealer out in the western part of the state. It is equipped with a couple of nice extras that I was going to add on later. Specifically it has the mid pto already installed which although not necessary now will save me from having it installed later when I decide to add a front snowblower. It also came equipped with a radio and CD player which I was going to add later.

I'm looking forward to putting the tractor to use. If the snow holds off around here long enough I will probably just use it to help clean up some brush around the property. There are some trees that fell down around the edges of the property that I would like to cut up and haul away. I can't think of a better tool than an FEL to haul around the wood with.Also there is a small crop of young trees that grew up in the middle of the field, probably 6 or 7 along with some brush. I want to cut those trees down and yank out the brush. I'm hoping that I can at least yank the brush out of the ground and set it all up in a burn pile before the snow flies. I'll be sure to update everyone when the tractor is delivered and keep everyone updated on my CUT learning curve. Thanks to all who offered help and advice in my search and thanks for your patience with my newbie questions. In the end I was able to get the best deal from a dealer who not only offered me a great deal but who really cared enough to make sure that I got something that I'd be happy with.

/ Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today #2  
Congrats on the new rig, and you're right on, the dealer can make the experience a good one for the long haul.

/ Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today #4  
Congratulations on your new tractor. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Be careful when you first get it. You'll need a little time to get accustomed to it.

/ Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today
Oh how sweet. I cannot wait either. When is the ETA??

I'm hoping within two weeks. The FEL had to be ordered and is enroute. The tractor was coming from closer than the FEL so at least I got to see the tractor, even if it was sans FEL. :D

/ Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today #6  
You will be VERY happy with that tractor! :D
Your dealer is about an hour North of me.

/ Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today
You will be VERY happy with that tractor! :D
Your dealer is about an hour North of me.

I actually stay in Dutchess County a couple times a year for work. If we're doing an operation in the Bronx it's usually easy to get there from Dutchess County without having to stay in the city.

From what you've written about your tractor I'm looking forward to the arrival of mine. I especially am hoping that my tractor turns out to be as fuel efficient as yours. I know that good fuel economy is something you've reported about your tractor and I actually see fuel efficiency as a nice selling feature.

/ Got to see my new Boomer 3040 today #8  
My tractor came from another dealer just like yours did. One thing that you might want to consider is to have the dealer break the engine in before delivery. My selling dealer broke this tractor in on a dyno for 5 hours before I got it. They changed the load and rpms as you would when breaking an engine in but in a controlled environment. This engine ended up producing well over 35 hp at the PTO after it was all done. That is somewhat over the 33.2 rating.
I had some scepticism about the procedure but I noticed that it took a long time for the engine oil to show darkening from diesel soot. When I changed the oil to 10W-30 Ambra at 49 hours I was quite surprised that the oil that came out of the engine actually smelled the same as the new oil. There was absolutely no blowby odor. In all my years I've never failed to smell some amount of blowby in oil when doing a change. That really makes me think that the dyno break-in process was VERY successful.

When you're in Dutchess County give me a shout, always good to see another TBYn member.:)