Price Check New Holland tractor pricing

/ New Holland tractor pricing #1  

HoosierVet

I purchased my uncle's mini-farm this fall and got several very nice New Holland tractors in the deal. I have owned several Massey's and Kubota's over the years and I am very impressed with the New Hollands. The problem is I do not need all of his tractors plus my two and am considering trading to end up with two newer tractors that will be easier for a non-wrencher like myself to keep running. Any input that you all could enlighten me with such as trade-in value as well as retail pricing would be very helpful. The tractors that I am considering selling/upgrading are:

1996 New Holland 2120, above average condition, FEL, calcium filled rears, 4WD, 4 range, 12 speed, 428 hours

2000 New Holland MC35, hydro, 4WD, 60" front deck mower, very nice condition, 603 hours

2001 New Holland TC29D, 3 range, hydro, 60" mid mount mower deck, 4WD, 473 hours, excellent condition

Bushhog RDTH 84" 3 pt. heavy duty, rear discharge 3 blade finish mower, new, never used

Woods 72" 3 pt.standard duty rear blade, barely used

Again, any information concerning pricing and/or sellability would be appreciated. Thanks.

/ New Holland tractor pricing #2  
Is the 2120 the HSS tranny. 3 range, H,M,L on left side of trans, F-R lever. Thye 2120 is one of the besttractors Ford/New Holland ever made.Easily as good or better than any of the newer models. I have a 1987 that still runs as good as the day it was new. The TC29D is a small much lighter duty tractor .

I would keep the 2120, it will last you for many years, and can do some serious work. I would sell the TC29D

Andy

/ New Holland tractor pricing
Andy - this 2120 is not a shuttle shift, it has 12 forward gears and 4 reverse. The 4 range shifter is between the left fender and the seat. I like the tractor but was wondering if a shuttle shift 2410 (more horsepower) with the curved boom FEL and super steer would not be much easier to use? I can purchase a new 2410, mechanical 12 speed shuttle shift and a curved boom FEL w/a quick attach bucket for $24k. Again, any thoughts would be appreciated. thks, Vince

/ New Holland tractor pricing #4  
HoosierVet, you've failed to tell us some key info. What is the primary use of the tractors? Will it be pulling implements and plowing or caring for animals and cleaning barn stalls and such. How much time is going to be spent mowing with a rotary cutter and/or the new finish mower? Also, you mentioned you have other tractors but didn't say what they are.

For ag work and plowing fields, you are gonna have a hard time beating that 2120, but with a lot of loader work in tight spots, the TC29D will shine. It's also a great tractor for running a rotary cutter in areas with lots of trees or other obstructions. Certainly, the 2120 is the strongest of the tractors you mentioned, but some of the others are more nimble.

That MC35 may be able to do a lot much more quickly than any tractor. If your time is money (of course it is), keeping that might be a consideration. I just wonder why your uncle bought a brand new finish mower when he had the MC35. Is there a possible maintenance issue here beyond the obvious advantage of an new 84" mower over a 60" mower?

Again, lots of questions. Help us out with a little more info please.

EDIT: Reread your post. Does the TC29D not have a FEL? It seems you have a lot of implements for mowing/shredding. How much mowing are you doing?

Jim - the TC29D does not have a FEL- however it has the loader valve on the tractor now. My uncle had a 3 pt driven grass catcher installed and only used it around the house and in the fall to pick up grass clippings and leaves. I am mowing about 14 acres. My other tractor is a 928D grasshopper front cut mower that I brought with me. I would like to keep it and the MC35 (although I would like a bigger deck than the 60") to mow with - especially if I can talk the wife into helping me. I like the 4WD ability of the MC35 especially around the pond and dams.

As far as the 2120, I use a 7' box blade and 72" landscape rake to maintain the gravel driveway. Twice a year, I will put a 6' rotary cutter behind it as well to mow 15 acres offsite. I think that he purchased the 84" finish mower with the intent of mowing the pasture quicker than what he thought the 60" MC35 could do. I use the loader quite a bit and thought that the quick attach option with forks would really be handy. thks, Vince

/ New Holland tractor pricing #6  
Vince, I think you mis-named your land you bought from your uncle. It's not a "mini-farm," it's a park.;) Wow! Fourteen acres of finish mowing is a bunch.:eek:

If I understand your plans, you'd like to keep both the dedicated mowers and have only one utility tractor that's easily maintained and has all the special implements. The T2410 you mentioned is a left-over model I believe. It's similar in size to the Boomer 4055 and 4060 in the current model lineup. NH has gone through several model changes lately. At any rate, it's the same running gear size as your 2120, but in a modern package with additional features like the curved-arm 270TL loader. If you sell the TC29D and 2120, you might have enough to pay cash for the new T2410. I don't see you having a problem selling the TC29D or 2120 since they are both desirable tractors. I believe I'd try to sell them outright before even considering a trade-in. If you sell at least one of them, you'll only have one tractor to trade and that's probably a lot easier to do when dealing for a new tractor.

Your 2120 is approximately worth $16k plus/minus. I'd guess the TC29D with MMM and loader ready is worth $13k plus/minus. Essentially, I think you could sell both and buy that T2410 and have some "lunch money" left over in your pocket.

Jim - thank you so much - that is what I was looking for. Have you operated the T2410 vs. the old style 2120? Is the curved boom that much easier to operate like the saleman swears it is? For some unknown reason, he did not want me digging with his new loader. I know the shuttle shift will be a major upgrade especially for loader work as well as the quick attach bucket.
Also, as I have read in many of these posts, has my 2120 bottomed out on price as long as I keep it in the same condition? If I decide to keep the 2120, would you recommend changing the calcium for rimguard? thks again, Vince

/ New Holland tractor pricing #8  
Vince, one of the best ways to find a price range is to do a search online for your tractor model and see how places such as TractorHouse have them priced. Your tractor is worth less being sold by you than it would be if it were sold by a dealer. That's just the reality of the market. A dealer can offer service after the sale and you can't. I would suggest you find comparable tractors and price yours $1000 to $2000 less.

I don't think your 2120 has bottomed out in price. I would not expect that on a tractor just over 10 years old, in great shape, and with low hours. You have lots more hours to go before it reaches the bottom. Technically, there is no bottom depending on how well or how poorly the tractor is maintained. I've seen 10 year-old tractors that you'd almost have to pay me to haul off.

I have not tested a new T2410 or that size tractor. I own a TC45D, the next lower size, and it is HST. I'm sure it feels very different from the shuttle-shifting T2410. I do very much like the curve-arm loader and clear view over the sloped hood. How the loader compares to the 2120's loader is up for speculation. I doubt there are many folks here who have used loaders on both the 2120 and T2410 or similar tractor.

You have to understand that the NH salesman is going to say that the 2410's loader is MUCH better. That's his job. It's also his job to keep you from scratching up his shiny new tractor by checking out the loader. That's one that doesn't impress me much. Someone like yourself who is an obvious continuing customer for NH should be allowed to take a tractor for a weekend and try it out. I think I'd tell the salesman that I wouldn't consider his tractor if I could not use it. Has this dealer been in business for long? What size dealership is this? Did your uncle buy all his tractors from them? They don't sound very grateful to me.:rolleyes:

/ New Holland tractor pricing #9  
A couple of words on the 2120. I have one and it's great, a 1993. It is hard to see front implements however. I have the 7109 loader, a pretty stout unit, and with the qa plate you're guessing with forks or grapple. I wouldn't give it up for a new one though. There's less plastic, fewer electronics, etc. Mine is EHSS, a slick setup, and I prefer it to clutching for back and forth.
And I have a drive rim that's bubbling from calcium, so yep, that's an expensive problem.
I don't know much about the value of any of the machines you lucked into, but Jinman's right about searching the online sales sites. That doesn't tell you what they sold for, only what they're advertised for, but you'll get a pretty good sense of the worth anyway.
Good luck - you have a problem many would envy!
Jim