Speedway NewHolland - Indianapolis Closing

/ Speedway NewHolland - Indianapolis Closing #1  

ecard

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33D
I was surprised to see the Indianapolis New Holland Dealer is closing. They are having an auction on Wed July 31. I live just outside Indy but purchased my TC33D from a dealer 45 minutes west of the city. I guess this worries me a little since I used them for filters and such, does anybody know the financial outlook for New Holland? Are dealers in decline? Is this a trend?

My brother-in-law worked for JD at their Gator plant in Virginia and it just closed (only open for a few years). Times must be tough...

Eric

/ Speedway NewHolland - Indianapolis Closing #2  
The Saline Equipment (New Holland) Company in Saline, Michigan went out of business last fall.

/ Speedway NewHolland - Indianapolis Closing #3  
Not sure if this is a sign of bad times or not. Could be a market condition for that area, may not have been enough business on high end machines & service to stay afloat. Around me there are only (2) NH dealers, (1) Kubota, and (5) John Deere. Now to be fair around me is within 30 miles of where we are building and the JD dealerships are owned by the same company. However there is a western NY NH dealer merging with a dealer in Cortland to help with business.

/ Speedway NewHolland - Indianapolis Closing #4  
New Holland is in the process of reducing there dealer body some voluntary some not so voluntary. if you follow New Holland or I should say there parent company they just showed a small profit that is what was reported to the stock market anyways.