New 2010 3045 Purchase

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #1  

jpaeye

Tractor
Kubota L5740 and New Holland TC33D
New to the forum and really enjoying all the great info, opinions, and the friendliness of the people here. Purchased 12 acres with log cabin home in Northeast Ohio in November. 8 acres of grass, 4 wooded, and then surrounded by 260 acre municipal forest on two sides. I did nothing but blow leaves for a month.

I purchased from the previous property owner a TC33D, purchased originally in 2002, now with 439 hours on it. It has the 7308 FEL, has been regularly serviced and always garaged. It has been used mainly to haul wood, mulch, and blow thousands of leaves in the fall, so not worked very hard.

I would like to have more capacity on the FEL with QA bucket so I can use pallet forks as well. Also want to upgrade blower to a more powerful unit so need more HP on PTO.

Looking at purchasing a New Holland 3045, QA bucket/FEL (260TL, I believe), supersteer, 2 rear remotes and have been quoted $29,900 (cash price, no tax) by one relatively local dealer. Have checked with 3 others, all seem a little higher by $500 to $1,500. This tractor would be built sometime in February or March as dealer stock appears to be short on this model at present.

I am hoping everyone would not mind sharing their knowledge and opinions regarding this deal--good, not good.

Would also welcome opinions on the selling price of the TC33D. Have checked tractorhouse, and prices there seem to be all over the place.

Thank you to everyone, I really appreciate any and all opinions.

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase
Sorry guys, knew I would forget some things. The 3045 will be ordered with hydro transmission, and the current TC33D does not have supersteer. Thanks!

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #3  
Does it have a cab? If not, prices have increased substantially.

Used ones without a cab are about half of that.

I have that model(from the first year they were made) and really like it. It ought to be just right for what you want to do with it.

Chris

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #4  
Welcome to TBN! Your 3045 with all the options you are getting is about right for a new machine these days. The remotes and Supersteer are adding around $3500 to your purchase price in my opinion. Have you determined that you really need Supersteer? Is that something you've found you needed with the TC33? In my opinion, I'd drop the SS and get another remote instead so you have the maximum of 3 remotes. I don't think you will ever regret having the extra remote. I don't have SS and never thought I needed it, but the guys who have it really love it. If you don't get SS, you will have the 250TL loader that doesn't stick out so far to clear the front axle like the 260TL does. I think you could certainly save yourself $1500 to $2000 and get a grapple for the FEL to use for picking up brush and debris around your place. That's what I'd do. But if you want that SS, then I think your price is certainly fair and worth it for keeping your purchase local.

Now, if you really want to save some money, get the 3040 instead of the 3045. The 3040 is a far better purchase for the money than the 3045. The 3040 has the same lift capacity at the FEL and 3PH. It's hydraulic pump gpm and pressure are also the same. The only difference is 5 hp more to the PTO. The HST transmission on a 3045 and a 3040 have the identical relief valve pressure and the 3045 cannot pull anymore than the 3040. Think about this before you buy. Do you really need the extra PTO hp? It's your call, of course, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't tell you. This could easily save you another $2000 if you decide the 3040 would work for you.

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase
Thanks dynasim and jinman for your input. Yes, this is a non-cab model, and yes, I believe prices are up substantially.

The TC33D I have currently does not have SS, and I have found it somewhat difficult to maneuver as well as I would like into and around several groups of trees in the yard--pines, hardwoods, etc. I often tended to blow as much mulch from the beds around the trees as I did leaves, and I can only see this getting worse with a bigger tractor.

The 3040 gives me food for thought, but I have a bad habit of trying to get as much HP in a given format as I can. I found my current Goossen blower and TC33D lacking in power this fall, and spent many hours blowing leaves. Would like to spend a little less time on it next year. In fact, I have a diesel Dixie Chopper with 74" deck and "X" blades (it is a beast) that blew the leaves as well as the tractor set-up. I have looked at blowers at Everything Attachments - Skid Steer Attachments, Tractor Attachments, 3 Point Hitch Attachments and even the 3045 cannot utilize their biggest unit to its full potential (it requires 45HP @ PTO).

Thanks again, guys, and now to negotiate with the CFO of the house....

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #6  
One thing to note about the supersteer option is that the front end doesn't act like a normal tractor. The end of the loader will shift a couple of inches when you turn the steering when you are stopped (in the opposite direction).

I have the SS model, and really like it, but that specific point takes some getting used to. It is actually quite useful for the sort of things I do, but be sure to test drive it before you buy. On the flat, you can turn on a dime, and it makes driving through obstacles kinda fun.

Chris

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #7  
@jpaeye - I went through the same mental gymnastics about a year ago. I got lucky and found a barely used, sold by, serviced by, and traded in at the same great dealer TC45DA. It had everything I wanted - and I couldn't beat the recession "we want if off our balance sheet" price they gave me...
BUt - I was thinking about the 3040 and 3045 decision as well - when I was gonna go new. Even in talking to several different people back then, I can't improve on what @jinman said with regards to size / cost. Unless you need those extra few HP out the back on the PTO - save the scratch (or buy another new implement!)
And welcome aboard - you do know - you are now REQUIRED to post a picture of whatever the new ride is on delivery day!

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #8  
I originally bought a used TC30 and used it for 2.5 years. As my implements kept getting larger it became apparent that I needed a bigger tractor. I went through the same decision, but I figured this will be my only new tractor I am planning on buying. I went with the T2320 (3045) and would not do it any differently. The 40HP would have worked, but I wont ever regret having the 5 extra horsepower :)

The great part is you can't go wrong, either way you go, they are both great tractors!

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #9  
With my TC45D, I've found a tractor that fits me perfectly. Many times I've thought of getting a bigger tractor, but realized that I could never give this tractor up. If I get a bigger tractor, I'll just have two tractors. It's like buying shoes, you immediately know when you've found the pair that fits you best. This tractor, this size, and with all its features is my "perfect pair of shoes.":)

/ New 2010 3045 Purchase #10  
jpaeye;

I may have an alternative that might interest you. I have an '07 TC55DA that I'm looking to sell. It has 145 hr, 270TL loader, canopy, EHSS, R4 tires, ballast in all tires.

Shoot me a PM or call me at 270-753-7170 if you're interested and I can send you pictures and all the skinny.

Scott