Default Used TC40DA Price Question

I am looking into buying a used 2004 TC40DA 4WD.

Specs:
    1100 hours
    16LA loader with 4 in 1 bucket
    758C backhoe
    6' box scraper
    post hole digger
    brush mower
    tiller

Original asking price was 25,000, they will take $22,000

everything has been said to be well maintained and in good working order.

Is this a good price?
    Last edited by Mike1982; 02-10-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added manufact. year

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 555 TLB, Xtra-Vator, pallet forks; Caterpillar 12 Motor Grader; FABTEK aerial platform

Default Re: Used TC40DA Price Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1982 View Post
    I am looking into buying a used 2004 TC40DA 4WD.

Specs:
    1100 hours
    16LA loader with 4 in 1 bucket
    758C backhoe
    6' box scraper
    post hole digger
    brush mower
    tiller

Original asking price was 25,000, they will take $22,000

everything has been said to be well maintained and in good working order.

Is this a good price?
    Sounds like the one that was on feebay for $20K. The seller told me a couple days ago that it was already sold.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I would come to a price like this:

1100 hr Tractor + FEL = $14,000
    4n1 bucket = + $750
    758 backhoe = + $3500
    6' boxblade = $400 to $500
    Post hole auger = $350
    Brush mower = $500
    Tiller = $1000

TOTAL = $20,500 to $20,600

Realize that I can't see any of these items and some might be more or less depending on whether they are a premium brand and how much they have been used. My numbers do agree with the pricing Pops15 suggested. If the seller was selling all items individually, the price might be different. Bundled into a single deal 1-time sale, I think the above pricing is fair. Good luck!
    Jim

The backhoe also has a "thumb" added onto it, to allow the backhoe to grab things as well.

We went and looked at it last night. Looks like the guy really needs the money badly. I think we are going to take it.

I'm not the most tractor savvy, but it did start right up, he picked up a few different sized rocks with the bucket and I drove it around a little. Everything does look pretty good.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 555 TLB, Xtra-Vator, pallet forks; Caterpillar 12 Motor Grader; FABTEK aerial platform

The backhoe also has a "thumb" added onto it, to allow the backhoe to grab things as well.

We went and looked at it last night. Looks like the guy really needs the money badly. I think we are going to take it.

I'm not the most tractor savvy, but it did start right up, he picked up a few different sized rocks with the bucket and I drove it around a little. Everything does look pretty good.
    Yep, that's the tractor I inquired about. Wonder why the seller told me it was already sold? Something is fishy.

Well we ended up buying this tractor, the official list of attachements, etc. is as follows:

2004 TC40DA
    16LA Front Loader w/ 4in 1 Clamshell Bucket
    NH 758C Backhoe w/ Mechanical Thumb
    NH 105A Rotary Tiller
    NH 6' Box Scraper w/ Ripping Claws
    Rhino SE6 Brush Mower (6' x 72")
    Danuser G20/40 Post Hole Digger w/ 9" Auger

$22,000 as is.

I do have a question about the Rhino Brush Mower (the owner we bought if from says he has never used it). How large of diameter brush can this thing eat. We are up here in Northern California and our property is covered with Toyon anywhere from 0.5" to 4"+ diameter. Will it eat that stuff or is it mainly used for grass?

Thanks for the input guys (or gals?). I'm glad I found the site, will maybe post some pics when we get it home.

Tractor
    NH T2320 Hydro

Congratulations, sounds like you got a great set-up and a good price. Can't wait to see the pictures
    Eric

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I do have a question about the Rhino Brush Mower (the owner we bought if from says he has never used it). How large of diameter brush can this thing eat. We are up here in Northern California and our property is covered with Toyon anywhere from 0.5" to 4"+ diameter. Will it eat that stuff or is it mainly used for grass?

Thanks for the input guys (or gals?). I'm glad I found the site, will maybe post some pics when we get it home.
    Mike, with all that top-notch equipment, you got a great deal. Congratulations!

I have a problem with any cutter attached to a TC40DA tractor being used to cut 4" brush/trees. I've cut some pretty rough stuff with my tractor, but nothing in there is any bigger than 2-1/2". No matter if the cutter can take it or not, I don't think 4" stuff is anything I want my tractor trying to cut. The reason is that I don't think that would be good on the PTO clutch. I suspect your cutter can take this level of cutting, but your tractor will suffer if you do much of this.
    Jim

Platinum Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    The seller took a big hit. He had over $40K invested in it! Turns out the original buyer couldn't get financing.
    Its a nice rig. Congrats Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post

I have a problem with any cutter attached to a TC40DA tractor being used to cut 4" brush/trees. I've cut some pretty rough stuff with my tractor, but nothing in there is any bigger than 2-1/2". No matter if the cutter can take it or not, I don't think 4" stuff is anything I want my tractor trying to cut. The reason is that I don't think that would be good on the PTO clutch. I suspect your cutter can take this level of cutting, but your tractor will suffer if you do much of this.
    Thanks for the input. I plan on having this tractor forever so I will stick to chainsawing the brush, pulling whats left of the stumps with the hoe, and then possibly making a final pass with the mower to eat the poison oak.

We feel like we got a great deal and are really happy. The seller needed the money pretty badly. We felt really bad for the guy, he had a nice place and you could tell he kept it and the tractor well maintained. His wife told us he was going to cry after we left, the tractor was his mistress. Bummer of deal for the guy.