Price Check Used TC40DA Price Question

/ Used TC40DA Price Question #1  

Mike1982

I am looking into buying a used 2004 TC40DA 4WD.

Specs:
1100 hours
16LA loader with 4 in 1 bucket
758C backhoe
6' box scraper
post hole digger
brush mower
tiller

Original asking price was 25,000, they will take $22,000

everything has been said to be well maintained and in good working order.

Is this a good price?

Last edited:
   / Used TC40DA Price Question #2  
I am looking into buying a used 2004 TC40DA 4WD.

Specs:
1100 hours
16LA loader with 4 in 1 bucket
758C backhoe
6' box scraper
post hole digger
brush mower
tiller

Original asking price was 25,000, they will take $22,000

everything has been said to be well maintained and in good working order.

Is this a good price?
Sounds like the one that was on feebay for $20K. The seller told me a couple days ago that it was already sold.

/ Used TC40DA Price Question #3  
I would come to a price like this:

1100 hr Tractor + FEL = $14,000
4n1 bucket = + $750
758 backhoe = + $3500
6' boxblade = $400 to $500
Post hole auger = $350
Brush mower = $500
Tiller = $1000

TOTAL = $20,500 to $20,600

Realize that I can't see any of these items and some might be more or less depending on whether they are a premium brand and how much they have been used. My numbers do agree with the pricing Pops15 suggested. If the seller was selling all items individually, the price might be different. Bundled into a single deal 1-time sale, I think the above pricing is fair. Good luck!

/ Used TC40DA Price Question
The backhoe also has a "thumb" added onto it, to allow the backhoe to grab things as well.

We went and looked at it last night. Looks like the guy really needs the money badly. I think we are going to take it.

I'm not the most tractor savvy, but it did start right up, he picked up a few different sized rocks with the bucket and I drove it around a little. Everything does look pretty good.

/ Used TC40DA Price Question #5  
The backhoe also has a "thumb" added onto it, to allow the backhoe to grab things as well.

We went and looked at it last night. Looks like the guy really needs the money badly. I think we are going to take it.

I'm not the most tractor savvy, but it did start right up, he picked up a few different sized rocks with the bucket and I drove it around a little. Everything does look pretty good.
Yep, that's the tractor I inquired about. Wonder why the seller told me it was already sold? Something is fishy. :confused:

Well we ended up buying this tractor, the official list of attachements, etc. is as follows:

2004 TC40DA
16LA Front Loader w/ 4in 1 Clamshell Bucket
NH 758C Backhoe w/ Mechanical Thumb
NH 105A Rotary Tiller
NH 6' Box Scraper w/ Ripping Claws
Rhino SE6 Brush Mower (6' x 72")
Danuser G20/40 Post Hole Digger w/ 9" Auger

$22,000 as is.

I do have a question about the Rhino Brush Mower (the owner we bought if from says he has never used it). How large of diameter brush can this thing eat. We are up here in Northern California and our property is covered with Toyon anywhere from 0.5" to 4"+ diameter. Will it eat that stuff or is it mainly used for grass?

Thanks for the input guys (or gals?). I'm glad I found the site, will maybe post some pics when we get it home.

/ Used TC40DA Price Question #7  
Congratulations, sounds like you got a great set-up and a good price. Can't wait to see the pictures

/ Used TC40DA Price Question #8  
I do have a question about the Rhino Brush Mower (the owner we bought if from says he has never used it). How large of diameter brush can this thing eat. We are up here in Northern California and our property is covered with Toyon anywhere from 0.5" to 4"+ diameter. Will it eat that stuff or is it mainly used for grass?

Thanks for the input guys (or gals?). I'm glad I found the site, will maybe post some pics when we get it home.

Mike, with all that top-notch equipment, you got a great deal. Congratulations!

I have a problem with any cutter attached to a TC40DA tractor being used to cut 4" brush/trees. I've cut some pretty rough stuff with my tractor, but nothing in there is any bigger than 2-1/2". No matter if the cutter can take it or not, I don't think 4" stuff is anything I want my tractor trying to cut. The reason is that I don't think that would be good on the PTO clutch. I suspect your cutter can take this level of cutting, but your tractor will suffer if you do much of this.

/ Used TC40DA Price Question #9  
The seller took a big hit. He had over $40K invested in it! Turns out the original buyer couldn't get financing.
Its a nice rig. Congrats Mike!

I have a problem with any cutter attached to a TC40DA tractor being used to cut 4" brush/trees. I've cut some pretty rough stuff with my tractor, but nothing in there is any bigger than 2-1/2". No matter if the cutter can take it or not, I don't think 4" stuff is anything I want my tractor trying to cut. The reason is that I don't think that would be good on the PTO clutch. I suspect your cutter can take this level of cutting, but your tractor will suffer if you do much of this.

Thanks for the input. I plan on having this tractor forever so I will stick to chainsawing the brush, pulling whats left of the stumps with the hoe, and then possibly making a final pass with the mower to eat the poison oak.

We feel like we got a great deal and are really happy. The seller needed the money pretty badly. We felt really bad for the guy, he had a nice place and you could tell he kept it and the tractor well maintained. His wife told us he was going to cry after we left, the tractor was his mistress. Bummer of deal for the guy. :(