Price Check NH-4060 Pricing

/ NH-4060 Pricing #1  

Johno Geo

Silver Member
Tractor
NH-4060, Ford 1520, JD 345
NH-4060

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to buy a new 4060 Boomer w/ 270TL FEL w/ Q/A , EHSS,
ROPS, R-4, and rear cvs , in the midwest.
The price seems to me a moving target . which has escalated 6 1/2% since I received the first quote form my "Chosen Dealer", in 12/09.
I do not expect anything more than a fair price.
What is a reasonable price for this little jewel?.
Should the 2010 the dealer will order really cost6+ % more than a similar 2009 at another dealer?
Thanks for your help.....

/ NH-4060 Pricing #2  
Hmm... I'll give the dealer the benefit of the doubt.. He must be thinkin' that you're buyin' a health insurance policy!??! :D

The tractor is a big commitment. No need to rush -- and it looks like you have been lookin' around since December.

If you figure this dealership is somebody you want to work with down the road; ask 'em straight up - what's with the price hike??

Six and a half percent is likely 2x the rate of inflation this past year with the recession - IMO.

I'd keep lookin' farther afield..

AKfish

/ NH-4060 Pricing #3  
Haven't kept up with the numbers change but assuming its new decals on a TC 55DA... When I bought mine several years ago I ordered R-4s, 270, quick tach, rear remotes ( dealer installed ) wide hd bucket, EHSS, repair / service manual, delivered in full for 25k even. Mine has draft control which is not standard ( maybe not even available ) I believe. Great machine, nothing but good to say about it. Mounted a Bradco 610 hoe and it handles it fine. 18" wide tires float through soft soil..... and had them delete the hydro noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)