vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #1  

bhtaco21

I am ready to buy a vineyard tractor for a new vineyard and am looking for a used narrow tractor. I have found 2 used ones, 4430 and TN90F. The 4430 has 2200 hours, Great Bend loader 360, 4wd, cab, $18,000. The TN90F is newer but 4700 hours, cab, 4wd, no loader. $18,000.

I would appreciate any comments on which tractor seems like the better value, problems to look out for, questions to ask of the dealer, etc., etc.

Thanks
Butch

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #2  

Attachments

• SDC10011.jpg
    SDC10011.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 1,364
   / vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #3  
Butch,

The TN90F replaced the 4430 with 80 pto hp turbo versus 70 pto hp NA for the 4430. The TN90F came with Supersteer automatic 4wd as the big feature for better turning. They are both great tractors. The TN you found is fairly high houred, but the 4430 is getting older. I have a 4430 with 3300 hours for sale with 4wd, cab/ac and no loader. 12x12 mechanical shuttle, 540/1000 rpm pto and new tires. I am asking $14,000.

Ted

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #4  
The TN90F is a good tractor and is in my opinion one of the better vineyard tractors available. The supersteer axle is great for working in vineyards. The only thing I don't like about the NH narrow tractors is the cab. They are hard to get in and out of but was fine when I was healthy, now that I broke my back it is difficult to get over the tranny hump.

The price seems like what they are asking here though for the same hours. I would contact Neil Messick and get a quote for a new narrow tractor and go from there. Also Case-IH has a similar version of the New Holland vineyard tractor and is basically the same tractor but is narrower then the NH F line but wider then the NH V line.

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #5  
The TN90F is a good tractor and is in my opinion one of the better vineyard tractors available. The supersteer axle is great for working in vineyards. The only thing I don't like about the NH narrow tractors is the cab. They are hard to get in and out of but was fine when I was healthy, now that I broke my back it is difficult to get over the tranny hump.

The price seems like what they are asking here though for the same hours. I would contact Neil Messick and get a quote for a new narrow tractor and go from there. Also Case-IH has a similar version of the New Holland vineyard tractor and is basically the same tractor but is narrower then the NH F line but wider then the NH V line.

Robert, if you think the TN90F is hard to get in & out of, don't try to enter a 4430. This choice is a no-brainer. Leave the 4430 alone.

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #6  
Robert, if you think the TN90F is hard to get in & out of, don't try to enter a 4430. This choice is a no-brainer. Leave the 4430 alone.

I agree, should have said so. I looked at a couple 4430's and ruled them out instantly. Sadly the only narrow tractor that I have found that is comfortable is the John Deere 5000N line. They sit higher and don't turn as sharp but those are some of the trade offs. I always have thought the TN-F was the best vineyard tractor available here.

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #7  
I have a TN90F and I think it is a great tractor.
i work mostly in grapes and almonds. Love the super steer and the shuttle shift. This thing can actually turn on a dime.
Price wise it is a little high for a 90F with no loader, at least here on the west coast that would be high. You could get the later model TN95FN for that or less.
Check this site out these are what they are selling for around here...
http://www.garton-tractor.com/Home

Last edited:
   / vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #8  
I have a TN90F and I think it is a great tractor.
i work mostly in grapes and almonds. Love the super steer and the shuttle shift. This thing can actually turn on a dime.
Price wise it is a little high for a 90F with no loader, at least here on the west coast that would be high. You could get the later model TN95FN for that or less.
Check this site out these are what they are selling for around here...
Welcome to Garton Tractor

One offering of a TN95FA with cab and 6000 hours for $8500 does not set the value for that model nationwide. Especitlly when the seller does not include even one photo.

There's more (or actually less) to that one than meets the eye, I'll bet.

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #9  
One offering of a TN95FA with cab and 6000 hours for $8500 does not set the value for that model nationwide. Especitlly when the seller does not include even one photo.

There's more (or actually less) to that one than meets the eye, I'll bet.

Wow this is cool. I am looking out my office window right now at this tractor. This is a solid tractor, runs great, the hood is crunched in the front. Other than that it's good. As for the picture, we are currently trying to get all our used stuff up as fast as we can. We have 6 stores and it gets crazy.

Alex Gonsalves

/ vineyard tractors 4430 or TN90F #10  
I am ready to buy a vineyard tractor for a new vineyard and am looking for a used narrow tractor. I have found 2 used ones, 4430 and TN90F. The 4430 has 2200 hours, Great Bend loader 360, 4wd, cab, $18,000. The TN90F is newer but 4700 hours, cab, 4wd, no loader. $18,000.

I would appreciate any comments on which tractor seems like the better value, problems to look out for, questions to ask of the dealer, etc., etc.

Thanks
Butch

I just sold a TN95A ROPS with 2600 hours for $17k, no loader. As you see above we also have a TN95FA with 6200 hours for $8500 with a hood thats crunched, but runs good.

We have alot of these tractors in our area, we rent quite a few of these out, so the price can get down there fast. Might be different on the other side of the country. We currenty have 19 TN95F's in stock and 108 T4050f's either in stock or on order.