Dealer New NH Dealership

/ New NH Dealership #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Been kicking around the idea of maybe opening a NH dealership. There are no other NH dealers within 100 miles of me. I live in a rural area about 30 miles out from the most heavilly populated part of the state. I see Kubota and John Deere dealers near me, but no NH. Anybody have any info or advice? I would be interested to hear what you have to say.

/ New NH Dealership #2  
Do you have some acreage on a main road? (location, location, location?)

How about a credit line of $1,000,000 ++?

What experience do you bring to the table?

In your proposed shop... will you have all the "specialty tools"? How about experience mechanics? Can you pay them an above board salary while the shop will be empty for long periods of time?

Are you willing to put up everything you own, in hock up to your neck to make this work?

Do you have enough money in the bank to pay all the employees and yourself besides a couple thousand a month for your electric/phone/misc. and some more money to pay the floor plan company on all your equipment past due during the lean times... like the next few years until you become established...?

/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif?

/ New NH Dealership #3  
Gee Whiz, John. Those are some sobering thoughts. I doubt I'd put all of that forward, even if I had it! It sure does bring into focus why dealers need to make a fair profit to stay afloat.

I'll stick to my lemonade stand.

Jim

/ New NH Dealership #4  
Very well said, John.

<font color=blue>...to pay all the employees...</font color=blue>

That's assuming you can find qualified help who are also responsible enough to show up for work close to when they should, if they show up at all. "It's hard to get good help now-a-days".

/ New NH Dealership #5  
New Holland also requires or strongly reccomends, five hundred thousand cash reserves not a credit line or assests but cash to become a dealer..There are also several building requirements if you are building new that will cost you close to the million dollar mark.

/ New NH Dealership #6  
I guess that's why you don't see tractor dealerships on every corner. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ New NH Dealership
Ah. That's the stuff I need to hear. Location? Yes. Tons of cash? No. Know someone with tons of cash who may be interested? Yes. As far as experienced help, doesn't New Holland have some sort of school that you can attend to be qualified to service their stuff? Was thinking about selling NH and Husqvarna. May just be a pipe dream, but isn't that the American way?

/ New NH Dealership #8  
Where are you located? Who will manage the operation, do they have experience with that type of managment?

/ New NH Dealership #9  
<font color=blue>May just be a pipe dream, but isn't that the American way?</font color=blue>

I hear you. I would love to own a tractor dealership,too. But not in this lifetime......

Oh, well. C'est la vie! That's life.

/ New NH Dealership #10  
Yes they have service schools and sales schools and depending on the location they cost between 500.00-1000.00 per person..The dealership pays all cost new holland does not pick them up for you.