Price Check New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4

/ New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4 #1  

sksmsllc

Silver Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TC48DA 4x4
Can anyone tell me if this price is fair?

$16,500

2004 NH TC48 4x4 with loader

Shuttle Shift

Canopy

Hours 335

/ New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4 #2  
Drive it around, make sure the clutch hasn't been abused. Sounds like an excellent price. I would buy it.

/ New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4 #3  
I posted my thoughts in the Grey Market section, and now with the details my opinion hasn't changed. That is a great tractor and a good workhorse. Is it at a dealer or from an individual?

/ New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4
Thank you all for the feedback. I rejected the idea of a Grey Market after learning I needed more Horse Power and you had indicated a lack of service available on the Gray Market Tractors. I decided to pursue NH after seeing such great loyalty and positive posts from the users on this board. My new best friend Wade Gray is a farmer in Covington TN and also told me not to look any further than New Holland. Wade is going to test the tractor for me as I would not know what a worn clutch felt or sounded like? He is a great friend!

I posted my thoughts in the Grey Market section, and now with the details my opinion hasn't changed. That is a great tractor and a good workhorse. Is it at a dealer or from an individual?

I am buying from dealer Tri-County Equiptment in Newbern, TN

/ New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4 #6  
I bought mine for less than a state fair demo unit that was quoted by Wallace for a Kioti DK45S. It then became a no brainer for me. TC48DA, 18LA loader, 1 rear remote, loader R4 tires, 18.4x24 rears also, 8ply all around, delivered, QA, heavy duty bucket, tooth bar, grill guard, ballast box. I've been lucky that my dealer has been also outstanding in their support. The 18LA swooped down loader offers incredible sight for close work. The ergonomics of the NH design, especially the shifting is in my view is the best in the industry. You can drive it like a car. The Japanese metallurgy is second to none in the world. It is as pointed out the 2120 tractor, just in what I call yuppie dress. My TC48 has been absolutely bullet proof for the last 5 years. Hopefully the future will be the same. The older models came standard with draft control. A $500 option now. Plus yours has the "full metal jacket" industrial radiator which can be rebuilt if necessary. The newer ones have the plastic/aluminum radiator like in my little whussy car I drive to work....hehehe.

/ New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4 #7  
The Ford New Holland 2120 /TC48 / TC55 which are all the same frame with different HP engines are excellent tractors. I have used my 2120 hard since 1987 with minimal problems. They are midway between the compacts like the TC45 and below and utility tractors like the TN series. They have more performance capacity and feel more like full size tractors that compacts to use. The price you were quoted is fine. Buy it , you won't regret the decision.

Andy

The Ford New Holland 2120 /TC48 / TC55 which are all the same frame with different HP engines are excellent tractors. I have used my 2120 hard since 1987 with minimal problems. They are midway between the compacts like the TC45 and below and utility tractors like the TN series. They have more performance capacity and feel more like full size tractors that compacts to use. The price you were quoted is fine. Buy it , you won't regret the decision.

Andy

Thanks Andy for the encouragement. I have checked out the tractor about a 2 hour drive from my home. It looks sounds and feels perfect for my farm use! I've made the commitment and cannot wait to get it on the farm!

Adam

/ New Holland 2004 TC 48 with Loader 4x4 #9  
Good luck.. Just remember to "Block the Clutch" when not using it for extended periods. Do as I say, not as I do. I never block mine and have had it stick a few times. If it didn't come with yours there is a small block of wood that is supposed to be inserted below the floor board to hold the clutch pressed when not in use. It keeps the pressure plate and disk from freezing together. If you do a search on TBN you will discover many threads about frozen clutches.

Andy
www.antecenergy.com

I bought mine for less than a state fair demo unit that was quoted by Wallace for a Kioti DK45S. It then became a no brainer for me. TC48DA, 18LA loader, 1 rear remote, loader R4 tires, 18.4x24 rears also, 8ply all around, delivered, QA, heavy duty bucket, tooth bar, grill guard, ballast box. I've been lucky that my dealer has been also outstanding in their support. The 18LA swooped down loader offers incredible sight for close work. The ergonomics of the NH design, especially the shifting is in my view is the best in the industry. You can drive it like a car. The Japanese metallurgy is second to none in the world. It is as pointed out the 2120 tractor, just in what I call yuppie dress. My TC48 has been absolutely bullet proof for the last 5 years. Hopefully the future will be the same. The older models came standard with draft control. A $500 option now. Plus yours has the "full metal jacket" industrial radiator which can be rebuilt if necessary. The newer ones have the plastic/aluminum radiator like in my little whussy car I drive to work....hehehe.

What can you tell me about the 18LA loader vs 16LA? Mine has 18LA like yours just curious about what it can do?

Thanks.

Adam