Price Check 1989 Ford 3910 4WD

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #1  

gbafus

My family needs to sell my Dad's 1989 Ford 3910 4WD tractor to settle the estate. It has a Ford 7410 loader & bucket. This tractor has a manual transmission, with extra creeper gears installed. Here is the best part: Dad was the original owner, & IT ONLY HAS 264 HOURS ON THE CLOCK!!!!
It has always been kept in the barn, & looks like new.:thumbsup: We just put a new battery in it, & it started right up. It hadn't been run since last July.
Could someone here tell me what this tractor & loader is worth? We really don't want to get taken advantage of. We are located in Camas, Washington...near Portland, Oregon.
Thank you!:)

Last edited:
   / 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #2  
A simple google search shows them between 11-14k set up like yours with 1100+ hours. Keep in mind dealers take trades so there is some discount money involved for cash or trades. Someone will buy a very nice slightly used tractor. Wish it was in the midwest. Good luck with the sale.

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #3  
My family needs to sell my Dad's 1989 Ford 3910 4WD tractor to settle the estate. It has a Ford 7410 loader & bucket. This tractor has a manual transmission, with extra creeper gears installed. Here is the best part: Dad was the original owner, & IT ONLY HAS 264 HOURS ON THE CLOCK!!!!
It has always been kept in the barn, & looks like new.:thumbsup: We just put a new battery in it, & it started right up. It hadn't been run since last July.
Could someone here tell me what this tractor & loader is worth? We really don't want to get taken advantage of. We are located in Camas, Washington...near Portland, Oregon.
Thank you!:)

Based on your description, I would offer it for sale at $16,000 and take no less than $15,000. You're in a market where that would be a nice estate tractor and with the low hours you can command a good price IF the sheet metal and the rest of the tractor looks and performs like a 240 hr tractor.

Jerry/MT, a former resident of Western Washington

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD
Thanks very much for your replies. I've ordered a copy of the official 2010 tractor blue book. I'll see how that compares with your numbers. Seems like 15k is a good figure. I'm sure my siblings would be happy with that. It's been suggested that we put the tractor and implements on consignment at the dealer in Portland where Dad purchased them. I'm worried about how that might go. Anyways, thanks again for your advice!

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #5  
You can ask what ever your heart desires... your still selling a 21 year old tractor and competing against the new compacts that have better engineering, fuel savings, size, and components. Financing may be another obstruction with potential customers. I think the tractor house numbers are closer to real salable figures. Maybe your side of the country has better economic conditions.
I don't think someone " taking advantage of you " would be a problem after all the research your doing.

When I sell something I take a medium guess and it is usually priced to sell quickly. Some of these people advertise for months on end trying to get the last dollar. When I buy the same thought comes into play. Priced too high I'm on my way. I guess it boils down to your values and aggravation level. I don't have the time to explain things twenty times before convincing someone it is worth the price. Let us know what the bell rings at.

Last edited:
   / 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #6  
Any bites yet ? One would think there would be a few offers by now.

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #7  
that was one of the best tractors ever built by ford and it is way better engineered then any compact tractor it will last more than 2000 hours i would say it should bring 14500 to 16500 easily

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #8  
LOL.... "new compacts with better engineering"? You must be kidding. The only thing plastic on my 3910 is the shift and control knobs. And it's made in USA--All of it! Cheaper engineering would be a better description for the new compacts. But I guess they do have to make them idiot proof now. :cool:

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #9  
You can ask what ever your heart desires... your still selling a 21 year old tractor and competing against the new compacts that have better engineering, fuel savings, size, and components. Financing may be another obstruction with potential customers. I think the tractor house numbers are closer to real salable figures. Maybe your side of the country has better economic conditions.
I don't think someone " taking advantage of you " would be a problem after all the research your doing.

When I sell something I take a medium guess and it is usually priced to sell quickly. Some of these people advertise for months on end trying to get the last dollar. When I buy the same thought comes into play. Priced too high I'm on my way. I guess it boils down to your values and aggravation level. I don't have the time to explain things twenty times before convincing someone it is worth the price. Let us know what the bell rings at.

I think the age and gear box are the two biggest negatives It is an awesome line of tractor for a farm tractor but a lot of loader work will wear you out vs one with a shuttle solution.

One with several 1000 hours and in solid condition would be easier to put in the briars and bramble. For the non farm type hobby farmers will find it crude to the new stuff they are test driving at dealerships.

Wholesale I expect is going to be well below some if these high figures. Finding a local that wants it would be the best bet to get paid for its special conditions. This was one of the later tractors Ford ever built.

/ 1989 Ford 3910 4WD #10  
CCW;
Guess you never seen older ford compacts with rusty fenders in Texas. I think the composite is a good choice. One has to remember to not use it as a battering ram. Incidently how could you come up with better engineering than the present 50-60 hp series of JD or NH tractors? Its like going from a 1950 to 2010 automobile. You need to put some hours on the new designs... I love mine and can't say anything bad except the cost of replacement parts......
By the way... my old corvettes have plastic fenders and after nearly 50 years they are still in tact. I believe there was a little " abuse " in the past but there are plenty of good examples alive and well. How could one possibly top 425 hp, open headers, and a plastic body ? If this doesn't ring your bell....... you need a horse.