Ford 1920

/ Ford 1920 #1  

davegomolka

Tractor
'58 631 Workmaster
Hi all, new to the forum and it is a great one. I have a chance to buy a 1920 4WD with loader, year approx 1990. It's been worked but is in decent shape and everything works. He is asking $7,000. This sounds like a good deal, what do you all think? Also, I dont know much about this model but from what I've read on the site sounds like people think its a good one. Any further comments on the 1920 model? Weak points (if any) etc...?

/ Ford 1920 #2  
I had a 97 1920, 4wd 12x4 tranny.. no loader. I paid ?? 9500$ for her had 6xx hours or so on her.

other than oil and fitler changes and 1 battery.. I never had an issue with her. VERY GOOD tractor.. I ended up trading up to more hp.

look her over.. 7000$ and a loader.. if she's in good condition isn't a bad deal.

soundguy

/ Ford 1920 #3  
Hi all, new to the forum and it is a great one. I have a chance to buy a 1920 4WD with loader, year approx 1990. It's been worked but is in decent shape and everything works. He is asking $7,000. This sounds like a good deal, what do you all think? Also, I dont know much about this model but from what I've read on the site sounds like people think its a good one. Any further comments on the 1920 model? Weak points (if any) etc...?

Howdy and welcome to TBN Blue.

If the 1920 is in good mechanical shape and was not abused I'd jump on it. I'd give it a once over and make sure nothing is hidden beyond normal maintenance and repair. Having live PTO and a loader to boot ain't bad at all. That loader should be in $3000 neighborhood by it self. If Soundguy says it is "VERY GOOD" , then you better believe it.

JC,

/ Ford 1920 #4  
I wish I still had mine and hadn't traded it.. of course, I got a few hundred bucks less than I paid for it in trade after a few years.. so i can't complain.

soundguy

/ Ford 1920
Thanks for the replys guys. I am excited and will give it the once over this weekend. If it is a go, I'll let you know and maybe post pictures.

My '58 631 Workmaster "Ol' Red" might have to go though. I think I might shed a tear if she goes down the road.....

/ Ford 1920 #6  
send her south. :) I don't have a 631 in my collection.. yours have pto ?

That 1920 is roughly the same hp and footprint as that 631.. will run the same width implements as well.. IE>. 6' rough mower.. 7' finish mower.. etc.

soundguy

/ Ford 1920
Yep, PTO and 3PT and front blade. Just re-did her 2 years ago. She's a virgin, led an easy life plowing a college parking lot. Never used for Ag.... here is a link to my craiglist ad for her

Ford Tractor 631 Workmaster

/ Ford 1920 #8  
WOW, she's a beauty! I don't know how you are parting with that one. I don't think you'll ever be able to find another in that condition for the money you are selling it for. If you need the money in order to get your other tractor, I understand. When I bought a new tractor a few years back, I decided to keep my old 850 just before I traded it in. I'm glad I did as I still use it a lot, but it gets the easy fun jobs now. It's earned it after 50 years. There's no better sound than the pur those old Ford's produce.

/ Ford 1920 #9  
Ditto, don't sell it .. Keep it if you can. Hard to find them like that.

JC,

/ Ford 1920 #10  
she's a beaut!

soundguy