Boomer 8N

/ Boomer 8N #1  

magicheater

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800, B26 TLB
Saw this today and just had to share it with TBN. Just found a post from last year on this, sorry.

Attachments

• DSCF0257[1].jpg
    DSCF0257[1].jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 1,661
Last edited:
   / Boomer 8N #2  
Went to Ocean City Md. yesterday and passed two New Holand dealers. Both had two on there lots, one each with loaders and one each without. They sure are pretty.

mark

/ Boomer 8N #3  
But for $ 36 K just think of the cab tractor you could get with all kinds of implements...not to mention if you caught a good deal on a slightly used tractor what you could get for $36 K - I think NH really missed a great marketing opportunity by not pricing this at about $18 K ....then they may have sold a bunch of them...Just my opinion..

/ Boomer 8N #4  
But for $ 36 K just think of the cab tractor you could get with all kinds of implements...not to mention if you caught a good deal on a slightly used tractor what you could get for $36 K - I think NH really missed a great marketing opportunity by not pricing this at about $18 K ....then they may have sold a bunch of them...Just my opinion..

Amen...probobly the coolest idea/tractor to come down the pike in years. NH will probably poop all over themself the first time they actually find someone silly enough to pay MSRP for one :thumbsup:

/ Boomer 8N #5  
Seems like most every NH dealer has one on their lot. These machines haven't set any sales records, as far as I can tell. Gorgeous!!! But, the price just isn't in the ballpark of reality, especially the chromed model.

It's been said over and over, but the tribute was off target from the get go. The original was the "every-man" tractor. It was 22-25 hp, give or take. This tribute was too big, both in size and in price. What a shame. I lay awake dreaming of NH having done this on a slightly smaller boomer frame and brought it to market at 20-22K. Now that would have been a tribute to the spirit of the 8N.

/ Boomer 8N #6  
Maybe in 2012, they will move one brake pedal to the other side, put in a 3 speed manual transmission, cut back a few hp and call it a 2N.

/ Boomer 8N #7  
Magicheater; Is that REW Motors ? I tried top buy a bradco hoe and a TC 55 from them. They just were not interested in discounting them, although they had a couple in stock.

/ Boomer 8N #8  
They should have used the tt45a platform, painted red and grey, then put 4wd on it. Could have sold thousand of those tractors. I work at a dealership in Texas and we wouldn't think of having one on our lot.

/ Boomer 8N #9  
I got a price for the tractor alone of $28K.

/ Boomer 8N #10  
I just got back from driving one at the newholland dealer. Those things are so much fun with the CVT tranny.:D I wish i would've had my camera.:( If only i could afford one.:(