Price Check price on Ford 2000

/ price on Ford 2000 #1  

wireman75

Tractor
1985 Ford 1510
Hello all! I've been reading posts here for some time and finally decided to join. I went and looked at a '70 Ford 2000 (gas) this weekend and was curious what some others thought of the price he was asking. The tractor has faded paint, touched up in some areas, but the tin is straight. It started good, didnt smoke, and idled good. It has a 4x2 trans. the clutch felt good with no slippage, and it had good brakes. The meter is showing 2700 hrs. I would rate the tires at 50-60% tread. The tractor has power steering, a 6' ford hydraulic snowplow on the front, a 6' Mott flail on the back, and also has a 2 bottom plow, and a 6' disc and a 6' bush hog that he wants to sell as a package deal. He is asking 5,000 for all of it. So what do you all think of that price? Any input would be appreciated!

/ price on Ford 2000 #2  
Hello all! I've been reading posts here for some time and finally decided to join. I went and looked at a '70 Ford 2000 (gas) this weekend and was curious what some others thought of the price he was asking. The tractor has faded paint, touched up in some areas, but the tin is straight. It started good, didnt smoke, and idled good. It has a 4x2 trans. the clutch felt good with no slippage, and it had good brakes. The meter is showing 2700 hrs. I would rate the tires at 50-60% tread. The tractor has power steering, a 6' ford hydraulic snowplow on the front, a 6' Mott flail on the back, and also has a 2 bottom plow, and a 6' disc and a 6' bush hog that he wants to sell as a package deal. He is asking 5,000 for all of it. So what do you all think of that price? Any input would be appreciated!

Pricey by a couple of grand, IMO. For $5k you should be able to upgrade to a 3000 series diesel, at least. In fact, there's a 3000 gasser at a dealer nearby for $3k right now.

/ price on Ford 2000 #3  
I don’t think its 2k high when you factor in the implements. I can’t say what the right price is, but 3k for that package would be a steal, to put it mildly. At least around here it would.
Now, if you don't need those implements you could find something cheaper. Or, you could likely make up the difference by selling them.

/ price on Ford 2000 #4  
If the tractor has 2 stage clutch, and I think it should, $5K for the tractor and all those tools is about retail. Lay $4000 cash on him and see what happens. You could always go the 4500 and kinda split the difference. I would not cry about even giving the $5, if I had to. Those are pretty low hours for that tractor. Ken Sweet

/ price on Ford 2000 #5  
yep.. that snow plow and flail mower sure do add some value, and a plow, and a disc, and a hog style mower.

I think 4k would be a deal.. and I would surely do 4.5 and not feel bad about the 5.

pow steering is nice.

the 8spd tranny should be live.. but check it.

soundguy

/ price on Ford 2000 #6  
oops, yeah, I kind of glossed over the equipment list.:ashamed: That's a couple of grand in iron.

/ price on Ford 2000 #7  
I'd buy it just for the implements.

Wedge

/ price on Ford 2000
Thanks for the input all! This would be my first tractor and I value the input of others who have more experience and knowledge than myself. I think I'll try the 4500 cash and see if he'll bite. :thumbsup:

/ price on Ford 2000 #9  
you can do lots of work with that tractor.

heck.. even sell the mower you didn't want and get some cash back even.

soundguy

/ price on Ford 2000
We just bought about 9 acres last year and I've been spending every weekend this summer clearing brush with an echo weed eater with a blade on it. I have ~4 acres of woods that have a slight infestation of multiflora rose that I have been attacking with a vengance trying to rid it before it gets worse. If I had a tractor and a bushhog I wouldn't know what to do with myself!