Ford 2020

/ Ford 2020 #11  
It is neither a 1700 (2 cyl.) or a 1900 (I & T manual list 3 cyl.) It does bear a close resemblance to my 1700 so probably made by Shibura. If Ford/NH does not list a 2020 model then parts will be problematic at best.

/ Ford 2020 #12  
I don't like it. it sounds quite fishy. it specs out like 2120 but it sure looks like 1700. it is easy to figure out #of cylinder by inspection from close. I hate when they spray paint the whole thing with shiny new blue paint, specially fuel lines and fuel pump. selling for someone else, freshly overhauled almost always bring bad Karma. I much rather see faded paint and surface rust. I'd be very careful or just drop it but would give it a close inspection if it is convinient.

JC,

what the heck is 4 speed pto?:confused2::confused2:

/ Ford 2020
JC-Jetro, some of the gray tractors have multiple selection for PTO speed. Maybe for the tillers used on them by the rice farmers. I had a made-for-America Kubota with two speeds.

I, too, would like to have seen it before the spruce-up. I'm going to drop it since it's about 60 miles away. It would be counter-productive to drive there just to tell him he's a sham if it turns out that way.

/ Ford 2020 #14  
JC-Jetro, some of the gray tractors have multiple selection for PTO speed. Maybe for the tillers used on them by the rice farmers. I had a made-for-America Kubota with two speeds.

I, too, would like to have seen it before the spruce-up. I'm going to drop it since it's about 60 miles away. It would be counter-productive to drive there just to tell him he's a sham if it turns out that way.

Gene,

I have sen them with two speed pto but not four. Does this thing has mid pto? 120 miles and at least 4 hrs time spent. It is really important to know the history of tractor more than the age. I bought mine from a fellow employee at work, although not close friend but knew he would tell me the truth and I could trust him. There was no attempt of hiding anything. Keep checking and you'll find a good deal when you least expect it. I would be leery on grey market for the lack of parts.

JC,

/ Ford 2020 #15  
my yanmar has a 3 spd pto.. 540, 768, 1000

soundguy

/ Ford 2020 #17  
havn't heard of a 4spd one...

soundguy

/ Ford 2020 #20  
I have this exact tractor except with a front loader and have been trying to figure out what it is. Bought it at an auction in Ok without knowing much about tractors. It does have 4 cylinders. It does have 4-speed PTO. Except for letting it freeze one winter and losing freezeplugs, it has worked great. Before I realized it was a freezeplug leaking (they were under the valve covers), I replaced the water pump and found one pretty quickly on eBay.

Would I be correct in assuming that a 4-cylinder is going to be around 40 HP?