Ford 2120 Repair History

/ Ford 2120 Repair History #1  

Hanz327

Tractor
Ford 2021 / Massey Ferguson 135
I'm looking at purchasing a Ford/New Holland 2120 off a private individual and am curious if there is anyway to find out what the repair/warranty history is.

Is this something you'd have to check with the dealer on?

serial # - uv26569
model# - av413a
unit # - 32022b

/ Ford 2120 Repair History #2  
I'm looking at purchasing a Ford/New Holland 2120 off a private individual and am curious if there is anyway to find out what the repair/warranty history is.

Is this something you'd have to check with the dealer on?

serial # - uv26569
model# - av413a
unit # - 32022b

I don't believe there is a Tractorfax out there to get background info. You need to ask question and decide if you can trust the person. There are tell tale sign of tractor condition. I suppose dealer has info on the stuff they have done if the guy actually took it to the dealer. I doubt if they provide you any information that easily.

JC,

/ Ford 2120 Repair History
thanks for letting me know. i would have replied sooner but i couldn't find my post!

hanz

/ Ford 2120 Repair History #4  
2120 tractors with the power shuttle require clean hydraulics just as any hydro tractor would. So check that fluid (dipstick on casting just aft of the cowl) for clean and no odd smells. See if the hydraulic filter looks like the original or has been changed in this decade. Engine oil, greasable joints will also indicate service history. As JC said, no TractorFax - why don't you start the service? I'm sure it's a money maker if you could gather the data...
Jim

/ Ford 2120 Repair History #6  
gear out of pto?

out of gear? as in disengage?