8n price question

/ 8n price question #1  

Patf10

Tractor
Ford 3000, Ford 4630 4wd, New Holland 1720, Kubota B7100HST
So i have come across a ford 8n that a guy is willing to sell. It has been sitting out for a number of years. The tires look like they are brand new, but that was probably 5-8 years ago. They arent cracked, but hard to say what will happen to them once you try to move the tractor. It has one of the old side mount sickle mowers on it. Also think it has a sherman in it. Its rusty of course from sitting out, but things on it still move, though a little tough. He said he would like 800 out of it. Does that seem high for a uncertain machine? i was thinking about offering something about 650

/ 8n price question #2  
So i have come across a ford 8n that a guy is willing to sell. It has been sitting out for a number of years. The tires look like they are brand new, but that was probably 5-8 years ago. They arent cracked, but hard to say what will happen to them once you try to move the tractor. It has one of the old side mount sickle mowers on it. Also think it has a sherman in it. Its rusty of course from sitting out, but things on it still move, though a little tough. He said he would like 800 out of it. Does that seem high for a uncertain machine? i was thinking about offering something about 650

I sold mine for 1100 and it had sat for a couple years.
Tires were about the same age, and it was not running

Paint was scratched but decent, one rust hole in a fender.
Mine was a 53 side mount dist. Had no attachments.

Not sure what you mean about a sherman

/ 8n price question #3  
I'd say it is probabally a good buy especially if it has the sherman and you are mechanically competent.

The sherman was an over/under drive unit that gave the tractor faster road gears. 23MPH. Very handy. The sickle mower will add value too.

Those arent hard to rebuild if you have some know how. 8n's are very popular and in my area can fetch anywhere from 800-3800+ depending on attachments and condition. 3800+ being in restored and rebuilt condition.

Also make sure it is indeed a 8n and not a 9n/2n Do a search, there are pleanty of differences that arent hard to find pics/write-ups of.

/ 8n price question #4  
if it starts, runs and has oil pressure with no major flaws like stuff hanging out of the block.. or a blown head gasket.. 800 is a steal.

soundguy