interested in a 758c backhoe

/ interested in a 758c backhoe #1  

bigde2001

Tractor
tc45da
I have a tc45da and am interested in a backhoe for it. Please help me with some info on this. I like the 758c but have no ideal of cost of it and the subframe.

/ interested in a 758c backhoe #2  
New, it's expensive enough to consider going shopping for a old construction TLB - which will be much more capable anyways. Only reasonable thing would be if you can find a used unit IMO. Maybe put out some 'wanted' ads; people may have bought one with their tractor and and are done with their backhoe work and would consider selling the hoe and subframe. If I could convince my better half, I would be be seriously shopping for a used TLB myself and selling my 758C to offset the cost. :) There are some good prices on older Deere and Case units out there now due to the season and the economy in general.
Dave.

/ interested in a 758c backhoe #3  
I have a tc45da and am interested in a backhoe for it. Please help me with some info on this. I like the 758c but have no ideal of cost of it and the subframe.

You might try filling in your location information. If there is someone near you that is thinking about selling one, they may then contact you. There really is no good reason to not reveal your location information on this forum. You will get more help from people that realize they are near you.

You might try going to a NH dealer that will do a search for one in dealer stock. The new line of NH Compacts may not be able to use this model and you will then find yourself on the end of a really good deal. The 758C has been superceded by the current model for the TC/ Boomer tractor. When I bought my NH I got a very good deal on my 758C for that reason. NH will really give good deals on "aged inventory".

I might even want to sell my 758C sometime soon, but since I don't know where you're located......:confused:

/ interested in a 758c backhoe #4  
If the 758C still has it's original subframe that when off the tractor remains on the backhoe, it will be easier to find used than say a Woods unit where the subframe remains on the tractor at all times making it a pain for the seller to present as a complete package although you can buy a seperate subframe from Woods. Glad to see that you are not interested in a 3-PT attachment. Your TC-45 can handle up to a Woods BH90-X being that the hydraulic system puts out 9.8 GPM. Just for ducks, do a performance chart comparison between the 758c, the BH80-X (which now is offered with an optional hydraulic thumb) and the BH90-X. There are differences.

/ interested in a 758c backhoe #5  
If the 758C still has it's original subframe that when off the tractor remains on the backhoe, it will be easier to find used than say a Woods unit where the subframe remains on the tractor at all times making it a pain for the seller to present as a complete package although you can buy a seperate subframe from Woods. Glad to see that you are not interested in a 3-PT attachment. Your TC-45 can handle up to a Woods BH90-X being that the hydraulic system puts out 9.8 GPM. Just for ducks, do a performance chart comparison between the 758c, the BH80-X (which now is offered with an optional hydraulic thumb) and the BH90-X. There are differences.

Unless all you ever dig is clean dirt, checking into thumbs is a great idea. Very useful for picking up something and putting it somewhere. Some examples: building a rock wall, handling tree trunks and stumps, and it's a lot easier and better for the hoe to pick up something heavy and set it down where you want it than to try to push it with the side of the bucket using your swing arm cylinders.
Dave.

/ interested in a 758c backhoe #6  
If you do happen to look for a used 758C, I will recommend you make sure it comes with the bracketry and subframe you need for your tractor. I found a used 758C that I thought was a pretty decent deal, but was not smart enough to research it completely first. Luckily, the backhoe had the right subframe for my TC40DA still attached, but I still ended up spending about $1500 on parts, because NH is VERY proud of their brackets.

It is nobody's fault but mine for not thinking it through completely, but in the end, my situation would have worked out better just buying new.

You can search on Messick's or Partspring's websites for the parts lists and drawings that will help make sure it is the right fit if you find one.