NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra??

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #1  

CentralNC

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35A
As you may have read in some of my other posts, I am considering a bigger tractor for use in baling round bales. I stopped at a NH dealership today to see a few Ag tractors. The dealer had a NH Workmaster 55 2WD to review. It is just a basic tractor. ~$16k for the tractor and another $5-6k for the FEL installed. This is just a simple, basic tractor that might last forever.

My first impression of the Workmaster 55 was something like this....."This is a blue Mahindra". The position of the handles, knobs, PTO engagement, etc. were all the same. My last impression after the Sales guy cranked it up and gave me the run down was.... "This is a blue Mahindra tractor".

I may be totally wrong, but it looks like that NH Workmaster 55 was made by Mahindra. I will say that it did look like a good, solid tractor. Does anyone know where these Workmaster tractors are made?

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #2  
The Workmaster 55 has the Shibaura 135 cid 4 cylinder engine and the rear axles are the same as used on the large Boomer tractors. Not made by Mahindra, but manufactured in India.

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #3  
Its not. But its made to compete with very basic tractors like Mahindra, or the Deere 5XX3 series (or "E" or whatever it is this week)

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra??
Thanks for the feedback. I am looking for a good hay tractor. Nothing fancy.

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #5  
Where did the rearend/differentials in the Workmasters come from? They look like Case the JX series or something. Are the as good as the old style Ford differentials? Definately a totaly different design.

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #6  
the work master is an excellent haying tractor. from loading round bales, cutting or even baling square or small rounds, it will work great. plenty of perator room, lift capacities, and the shuttle shift makes loader work nice

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #7  
The Blue New Holland Workmaster will have a lot better resale than the Mahindra. At least it wont turn the pretty pink color the older Mahindra turn

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #8  
local dealer is quoting WM 4x4 with loader and and agr tires $24700.00. Does this sound like a good #????????

I love the basic design. :thumbsup:

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #9  
great deal!!!!!

/ NH Workmaster 55 = Mahindra?? #10  
Sounds like a good deal. I just bought a Mahindra 5530, 4X4, FEL, loaded tires for that price about 3 months ago. Then the Mahindra was about 3500 less then the NH dealers wanted for their machine, and a lot less then the JD or Kubota. Good luck!