Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote)

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote) #1  

DoubleL

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 4044R Cab
Purchased 3040 Boomer 12/23/2010 should be delivered this week (cash purchase not financed).

Tractor w/ROPS, 4 WD, Hydro, R4 tires, Rear tires filled w/washer fluid, Model 250TL loader with 72" bucket.

Tractor = $23,200
Loader = $4,960
Subtotal = $28,160

Cash discount for December 10% = ($2,816)
Loader load-up discount = ($1,500)

TOTAL PRICE = $23,800

Originally wanted the 8N but a little too much tractor and price. Dealer said they only made 800 of these 8N tractors of which they sold 11 and have 4 on the lot.

8N Quote ...

Tractor = $29,800
Loader = $4,960
Subtotal = $34,760

Cash discount for December 10% = ($3,460)
Loader load-up discount = ($1,500)

TOTAL PRICE QUOTE FOR 8N = $29,800

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote) #3  
You'll be happy with the 3040; I purchased the 3045 for a little more than you in Sept. '10. Good power, ergonomics for a new tractor owner like me.

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote) #4  
Congratulations on your purchase.

Remember, we like to see photos too

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote) #5  
Congrats on the new tractor! I think you got a heck of a deal and you will love it.

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote) #6  
Good luck and enjoy. I just took delivery of my 3040 with cab, loader, rear remote, wheel weights and they are installing my 758c backhoe on it for $30,000 out the door. Think i got a pretty good deal!?

Used it to plow for 12 hours today and loved the cab beyond belief! I liked my TC35DA a lot, but this thing puts a lot more power to the ground with the CVT transmission.

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote) #7  
So there are two or 3 tractors here in this post, so people say. I have seen posts that indicate if there are no pictures then it did not happen!

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote) #8  
Congratulations DoubleL. You did very well on your 3040 pricing with that cash deal. There are some better deals to be made on Boomer 8Ns, but that price you were quoted was a good price too. Of the two, I think you'll be happy with the 3040 if you don't need that extra 10 hp of the B-8N. I keep thinking the owners of the Boomer 8Ns will have a hard time working those tractors since they will become semi-collector's items with only 800 manufactured. Your 3040 can and will be a workhorse. I also see lots of low hour TC40DAs, Boomer 2320s, and some Boomer 304Xs out on craigslist at very good prices in the used tractor market. My temptation as a cash buyer would be to purchase a low-hour used machine, but I'd have to give up a warranty so the price would have to be around $18k to make buying used a viable alternative to new in my opinion.

/ Boomer 3040 Purchased (also got an 8N quote)
Thank you all. It's good to know a fair price was received and the tractor is well regarded and respected by others in this community.

Tractor is being delivered 12/31 (Friday morning), I will surely take pictures as photography is a big hobby of mine.

Dealer is adding a block heater free of charge and I also am having one rear hydraulic valve added for $630 (figured I might as well get that added now if I ever need it) and front tire chains for $75. The sales person said a lot of guys are just running chains on the front tires of these tractors with good success.

Those chains of course are much easier to put on and off and rear chains I think he quoted $325 for rear chains so the fronts are a bit less cost.

Pictures to follow ... ;)