New PowerStar Line?

/ New PowerStar Line? #81  
Looks like a pretty compactly built mid size tractor I hope it's well built. Two things that concerned me, from the video, are the PTO engage location and size. In the "what were you thinking" category it's tall and sticks out to the left of the operators seat easily in reach of my two year old son riding in the buddy seat. So say I go back to unplug something and he decides to turn on the PTO!!!!

The other minor concern was it looked like the cab air filter is in the fender which I would think would clog up pretty fast as compared to under the lip of the cab as on my TS100A.

My .02.

/ New PowerStar Line? #82  
I Have no Memory

That sounds like me...

My neighbor's brother was caught in a tractor implement when my neighbor engaged the PTO. He lived but spent several days in the hospital.

I e-mailed your post to the New Holland Manufacture. If I get one, I will post the reply.

Mike

/ New PowerStar Line? #83  
Yeah. The videos in German but it looks like it was designed more for Europe than the US. It looks like it has three ranges and four speeds with the range shifter on the floor to the right of the seat? My brother had an AGCO-Allis built in Italy and it was just like that. It's not terrible it's just lots of levers is a European thing to me.

There was no drawbar and there was something I didn't understand what it was for above the PTO. I think that's where they attached that manure spreader.

It's funny, Europeans videos always show the tractors flying down the road and maneuvering threw towns because their tractors are like cars to them also. Personally I'd like to see a loader on it and see it scooping up manure and moving round bales. Also, would like to see a disc or ripper on it and going through the fields or even bailing. Oh well, road driving is shic.

Still, the PTO location would be a deal breaker for me. I've had reversers on all my tractors and my kids have put the tractors into motion before when I've forgotten to take it out of gear, (on one model), or put on the parking break, (on the others). One time I was behind the tractor hooking it up and I heard the transmission do it's whine that it does just before it engages or I would've been crushed. After that it was always put into neutral when I got out of the cab even when no kid was in the there. My next tractor didn't have a neutral it would only not move if you had the parking break on so that was the habit there. One time I ran out of the cab to stop my dad from doing something and one of my kids put that tractor into reverse. It backed up over the tongue of the field cultivator and it got off kilter just enough so it spun it's tires. No one was hurt and nothing broke but it was scary. That tractor would beep loudly if you had the reverser engaged and the parking break on and just about every time I came back to the cab with my kid in there it was beeping! My New Holland now has neutral and the parking break that eventually won't let it move and I think you have to be on the seat. It's very safe to me and I really like it. It's buddy/instructor seat also is huge and has a very high back which is safer for whiplash for the kids too.

Safety issues are a deal breaker for me and my kids maybe only ride with me 10% of the time if that but I need to know it's safe when they do. That PTO lever would be the first thing my kids grab. Plus, I'm 6'5 and 285. My arms probably dangle over the side of that chair. It looks like it would be possible to bump that and turn the PTO on too. We'll see I guess. It's the only deal breaker I see on the tractor and as is would prevent me from buying one. Maybe they have another button you have to engage to engage it?

The access to the engine, filters and coolers is very nice.

/ New PowerStar Line? #84  
At 4 minutes and 21 seconds to 4 minutes 34 seconds, the video shows the PTO engagement operation. It looks like to me there is a safety lock on the PTO lever. There is a collar below the shift knob that must be pulled up before the PTO can be engaged.

/ New PowerStar Line? #85  
Looks like a pretty compactly built mid size tractor I hope it's well built. Two things that concerned me, from the video, are the PTO engage location and size. In the "what were you thinking" category it's tall and sticks out to the left of the operators seat easily in reach of my two year old son riding in the buddy seat. So say I go back to unplug something and he decides to turn on the PTO!!!!

The other minor concern was it looked like the cab air filter is in the fender which I would think would clog up pretty fast as compared to under the lip of the cab as on my TS100A.

My .02.

If you leave a running tractor with a 2 year old in the cab, all I can say is that's a pretty stupid thing to do under any circumstances.

/ New PowerStar Line? #86  
I agree it can be unwise but with the buddy seat and seat belt it's as safe as driving a car as long as you keep them buckled up and put your emergency break on and put it in neutral, (if you can), when you leave the cab. If you put them up next to a window or door on an open station tractor your asking for trouble. When my oldest daughter was an infant, and also with my son, I put them in the cab in their infant seat buckled up and that was usually when they got their best sleep. So what's unsafe about that? When it's running and their in the cab they are buckled up. The only things they can reach are the blinkers and reverser hence the parking break and neutral thing.

When I was a kid I used to ride on the fender or under the seat of my grandpas WD45 Allis. I remember riding under his seat with the PTO running a flail mower just inches from me. I love my grandpa like crazy but THAT was dumb.

/ New PowerStar Line? #87  
If you leave a running tractor with a 2 year old in the cab, all I can say is that's a pretty stupid thing to do under any circumstances.

How bout a circumstance where I'm filling my vacuum liquid manure tank? If I let him out he could get into the running PTO, fall into the manure pit or something else that could result in death. If I come into the cab and he's moved the reverser the worst case is it's beeping. One time I pumped out my septic tank and I left the lid off between loads. My son was with my wife in the house at the time but decided to come out and throw my shovel into the tank. If he would've have fallen in he would've died almost instantly. It broke my heart to think of it. I was lazy and not thinking by not putting the lid on now I always do. Thank God He protects us and our young even through stupidity.

You could just be defending New Hollands location of a PTO lever but to me it's location IS dumb and a deal breaker to me for safety reasons.

/ New PowerStar Line? #88  
You could just be defending New Hollands location of a PTO lever

I could be, but I'm not defending NH here. The unattended cab of a running tractor is no place for an infant or young child, period. It may be the lesser of many evils, I understand. But if you are going to get out and put yourself at risk of entanglement in an inadvertantly started PTO, that's still stupid. Shut the darn tractor off. The actual root cause of your death or dismemberment is kind of irrelevant, don't you think? Requirement #1 is to be smarter than what we are working with.

/ New PowerStar Line? #89  

My .02.
Small kids do not belong on trators

/ New PowerStar Line? #90  

My .02.
Kids should not be on moving tracters .