New PowerStar Line?

/ New PowerStar Line? #1  

Farmerboy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 85 / Ventrac 4500P
Live in Western Pennsylvania, where the hills are sometimes more than "rolling". Specifically, after having survived a tractor rollover a few years back, I was pretty convinced that I wanted to purchase a New Holland TK4000 (tracked) series.

New Holland dealer called back and said that those tractors aren't available in this market (mainly California and Virginia). That said, he thought I would be happy with a T4000 series with widened tires. Then he said, but wait - New Holland is phasing those out, and that they'll be replaced with a new PowerStar brand. Indicated that the NH website would have a new page up and running - that was 2 months ago.

Does anyone know if this is true? Is there going to be a new PowerStar brand? Interested in seeing some pictures and getting a feel for prices.

/ New PowerStar Line? #2  
yes teh new powerstar series will replace all teh T4000, TD5000, and one of the T5000 series tractors. they will be a T4.75, (75hp), T4.90 (90hp) and T4.100 (100hp). they will have a power shuttle shift, an all new interior and cab, they are the only tractor on the market to offer a full size buddy seat in the cab. the tractor look liek a smaller version of the T6000 series. There really arent any good brochures out yet. THe T4.75 is due to start shipping out in April and the other two model not until the fall of this year. price wise the T4.75, 4x4 with cab and loader will be right around $40,000 give or take a little. if you want to know more just ask. thanks

/ New PowerStar Line? #3  
At NH, there is already a huge hole in the selection of tractors between the larger compact (boomer50 47HP) and the utility class, pretty expensive T4000 series (62+HP). The workmasters cover the utility HP range and weight, but there is no cab possible, nor any tranny choice other than a 8x2 un-synched.

If the 4000 goes and is replaced by a 75HP+ line, I can only see a larger hole... Is there something planned to occupy the 50-75HP range when these powerstar replace the T4000?

If not, expect all the potential buyers in this range to flee even faster than they do now to the other brands...

Phil

/ New PowerStar Line? #4  
At NH, there is already a huge hole in the selection of tractors between the larger compact (boomer50 47HP) and the utility class, pretty expensive T4000 series (62+HP). The workmasters cover the utility HP range and weight, but there is no cab possible, nor any tranny choice other than a 8x2 un-synched.

If the 4000 goes and is replaced by a 75HP+ line, I can only see a larger hole... Is there something planned to occupy the 50-75HP range when these powerstar replace the T4000?

If not, expect all the potential buyers in this range to flee even faster than they do now to the other brands...

Phil
that was the main reason to get rid of the T4000, to expensive and not a big seller in a lot of the country. plus there were a few overlaps in hp in other models. The workmaster 75 is the only one with the 8x2. the workmaster 45 and 55 have a syncronized shuttle. it does suck there are no cabs offered in that small class, but what can you do. there is a smaller series being worked on but who knows when that may be. for now it will be the workmaster 45,55,65,and 75 then the powerstar.

/ New PowerStar Line? #5  

Phil

The problem is that most of the other manufacturers have similar holes in their line up. I would have thought that the 45-75 hp utility tractor would be very common. Especially as a second tractor. Not on 1000 acre farms but on farms from 50-250 acres. Maybe that's a small segement. Oddly, Kioti's DK series are very similar to yesterdays utility tractors. Look at their weight and wheelbase. Massey's "Compact" 1600 series 48-60 hp also fit this. The boomer/ Farmall 55/60 are also good utility tractors that come with advanced transmissions and cabs.

I think the "utility tractor" has changed. For me, i expect them to have at least a 12x12 and a cab option. What do others think?

/ New PowerStar Line? #6  
I also have been disappointed in the NH _utility_ class lately. Seems with the advent of the TC series all the small utility class have dispersant. At least in the NH line anyway. ( I like blue ok!) I currently have a TN65 and love the TN series. I have been looking for something in the next frame size smaller to replace a NH3430 that I think is one size to big for my barn. In this 40-60 hp range there are few pickings. I love the TN utilities, but as I said that is as large as I can go. I have looked at all the "boomers" and for one reason or another they just aren't what I'm looking for. I am looking for a little more beef on the frame that what I see in the boomers, more of what use to be called _utility_ class. What happened to the older 3000 series ( i think that is the same as my 3430, correct?) 4000 series? They seem to just disappeared around the time that NH took over from Ford. I know there are so many name changes/number changes for the last 10 yrs, that it is hard to keep track, but I swear I don't know what I should be looking for anymore.
What am I missing?

/ New PowerStar Line? #7  
I am probably going to purchase a Kioti DK40 as a utility tractor. Weighs about 4100 pounds, wheelbase is 74 inches which means it will mow and rake comfortably. I don't need more power for a basic utility tractor. Plus, the loader will lift 1800#. It will replace two other tractors I have.

I am surprised that most manufacturers don't have a smooth line from small to big. Deere has a big gap and Case/ NH is going that route because they are reselling other tractors. Kubota and Kioti are doing a better job by minimizing overlap and not having such big gaps in their lineup. Massey isn't so bad either, but with all of these brands you have to be up to almost 50hp to get a tractor in the utility class. Most people never use that much hp unless they are discing or baling and then they need a lot more.

/ New PowerStar Line? #8  
Actually, I should give credit to the Workmaster line of utility tractors, no frills but meet the needs I laid out above. Although I would prefer a 12x12 transmission, I may still go look at them and see how close they are in price with a loader.

/ New PowerStar Line? #9  
Actual Charlie, I also have been leaning toward the Workmaster. Prefer the 45 as it is non turbo, but haven't seen enough of it yet or been able to hands on" to decide yes or no. Seems like they are using up some of the leftover parts with the old style hood, and few other things, but all in all from what I can see seems to be pretty decent _utility_ in the economy line. Anyone have one of the workmasters that can jump in here?

/ New PowerStar Line? #10  
Actual Charlie, I also have been leaning toward the Workmaster. Prefer the 45 as it is non turbo, but haven't seen enough of it yet or been able to hands on" to decide yes or no. Seems like they are using up some of the leftover parts with the old style hood, and few other things, but all in all from what I can see seems to be pretty decent _utility_ in the economy line. Anyone have one of the workmasters that can jump in here?

well as far as a selling point of view, the workmaster has been a great tractor. it is more or less a TT-A tractor but the transmission is ten time better, they have a better motor, come standard with one rear hydraulic remote, you can get two or 4x4 now. nice little tractor with plenty of power and weight to lift a big round bale or other things.