Workmaster75 foldable rops vs exhaust pipe

/ Workmaster75 foldable rops vs exhaust pipe #1  

NorthernChilli

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TD80D, Ford 1320
I'm currently looking at the workmaster75 on NH site, and I can't help but notice that the exhaust pipe is as tall as the fully extended ROPS. Thus, if the ROPS is folded down, the pipe stills sticks up as high as the ROPS previously did before being folded, somewhat rendering the ROPS folding useless.

Am I wrong somewhere ? Or is this a design fail on this line of tractor ? How do you go about accessing low clearance areas in this condition?

Phil

/ Workmaster75 foldable rops vs exhaust pipe #2  
I'm currently looking at the workmaster75 on NH site, and I can't help but notice that the exhaust pipe is as tall as the fully extended ROPS. Thus, if the ROPS is folded down, the pipe stills sticks up as high as the ROPS previously did before being folded, somewhat rendering the ROPS folding useless.

Am I wrong somewhere ? Or is this a design fail on this line of tractor ? How do you go about accessing low clearance areas in this condition?

Phil

they offer a down pipe exhaust as well. jsut ask dealer. or find a local exhaust shop, they can do it as well.

/ Workmaster75 foldable rops vs exhaust pipe #3  
You will find this design on almost every tractor with folding rops. A lot of members here cut their exhaust down to clear what they need to (to fit in a garage and such) so that when they fold the ROPS they clear.

If your in an application where you need to rops folded often then you may find the low exhaust kit is a valuable addition to your tractor purchase. It keeps the exhaust down low and can be routed just about anywhere then. Fumes are more of an issue and if you work a lot in tall grass you are at more risk of fires.

Having said that I have ran tractors with low exhausts and high exhausts and I have never had any fire while using the tractors for haying and brush chopping. Fumes are an issue if the wind is just right but its not a huge issue to me. One nice thing is that I don't have an exhaust stack to look through or to bend on a tree limb as I cut the first pass around a new field or while brush chopping. My TN is currently sitting with the exhaust stack broken off as it got bent enough times that it broke off while plowing snow a couple weeks ago. So it will be trimmed and put on a few inches shorter when it warms up enough.