New Holland TC33DA

/ New Holland TC33DA
Good tractor, good deal, I used to own one, a little older than that one, it was a 1999 or 2000 I cant remember, I really enjoyed it. and worked very well for me. Sold it when I sold the place, was sorry for years afterward.

James K0UA

UM... on second thought,, that is a terrible deal,, do you have a name and phone number for that guy,, Um I kinda wanted to talk to him..

Ha James! i guess it makes me feel better knowing you would want the deal too!

/ New Holland TC33DA #12  
Ha James! i guess it makes me feel better knowing you would want the deal too!

yep I believe it to be a good deal. I was just kidding about calling the guy, but I think that is a very nice tractor, the NH tractors are a very ergonomic comfy tractor, very slick, I love my Kubota, but it is more of a "standard" or economy line, the NH TC33DA is more like a grand L Kubota. and if the attachments are in good shape, I would jump all over that tractor if I believed it was in good shape and not abused. under 400 hours is barely broken in. Also tractors are not like cars. they hold their value very well. and the year model is not very important, the overall shape the tractor is in the most important and the number of hours next. Good luck, and this is a good place to come for advice and ideas. I am a Kubota guy now, but there are several very knowledgeable NH guys on here.

James K0UA

/ New Holland TC33DA
yep I believe it to be a good deal. I was just kidding about calling the guy, but I think that is a very nice tractor, the NH tractors are a very ergonomic comfy tractor, very slick, I love my Kubota, but it is more of a "standard" or economy line, the NH TC33DA is more like a grand L Kubota. and if the attachments are in good shape, I would jump all over that tractor if I believed it was in good shape and not abused. under 400 hours is barely broken in. Also tractors are not like cars. they hold their value very well. and the year model is not very important, the overall shape the tractor is in the most important and the number of hours next. Good luck, and this is a good place to come for advice and ideas. I am a Kubota guy now, but there are several very knowledgeable NH guys on here.

James K0UA

Thanks so much for your comments. I felt the seller to be an honest guy and based on how well he has taken care of his home and land I knew he likely did as well on the tractor. One of the back side lights was busted off because he hit a tree and a small chunk of the rear fender was cracked because of the snow thrower chute control hitting it when he raised the blower. Both of those are cosmetic and dont really worry me. Other than that everything looked clean and brand new.

I am sure i will be on here quite often reading and learning about these tractors now. Moving from the city where i lived my entire live to 40 acres, i dont have much experience with tractors.

/ New Holland TC33DA #14  
Thanks so much for your comments. I felt the seller to be an honest guy and based on how well he has taken care of his home and land I knew he likely did as well on the tractor. One of the back side lights was busted off because he hit a tree and a small chunk of the rear fender was cracked because of the snow thrower chute control hitting it when he raised the blower. Both of those are cosmetic and dont really worry me. Other than that everything looked clean and brand new.

I am sure i will be on here quite often reading and learning about these tractors now. Moving from the city where i lived my entire live to 40 acres, i dont have much experience with tractors.

Well we have all had to start somewhere, just always think safety, there are a lot of good threads here you can search, but the way to stay safe is go slow, always keep your bucket low, expecially when loaded and turning, always pull from the drawbar, (that bar under the rear axle) and if the slope makes you uncomfortable, go up and down slowly not sideways. Just stop and think before doing anything new. Be sure to read the operators manual cover to cover, so you become familiar with the operation. These things can save your life. A tractor is a wonderful tool, but like a gun, if you do something unsafe with it there could be a tragedy. But if you use your tractor safely you will be amazed how much work you will get done with it, and the things you will think up to use it for is nearly unlimited.

James K0UA

/ New Holland TC33DA #15  
That tractor with the 15LA loader is the upgraded version. That size tractor used to have the 7308 loader that was underpowered for a tractor that size. The 15LA fits that tractor well. Don't worry at all about that tractor being a good deal. It's a great deal with all you get with it. At some point, for 40 acres, you may find you need a bigger tractor, but you'd probably want to keep the TC33DA because of it's size and utility doing the thousands of chores it will do well. If You ever get cows and want to move a bunch of round bales, you might find the tractor is on the small side for that using the FEL, but the 3PH would be fine. Also, if you want to plow and put in a crop of several acres, the HST transmission might not be the best choice. Overall, for ease of operation, loader work, mowing, and snow removal you have a very capable tool in the TC33DA. It will be a little workhorse.

/ New Holland TC33DA
I wont be doing any farming as i am renting out the tillable land to a local farmer. All i need to do is mow around 4-5 acres of lawn, keep brush down in certain areas, and snow blow about a 1/4 mile driveway. And of course little odds and ends that are required to maintain a larger acreage.

Thanks for all these comments. I can rest easy knowing i am not overpaying and getting a good deal.

/ New Holland TC33DA #17  
All i need to do is mow around 4-5 acres of lawn, keep brush down in certain areas, and snow blow about a 1/4 mile driveway. And of course little odds and ends that are required to maintain a larger acreage.

Perfect size tractor for the tasks you have listed.

/ New Holland TC33DA #18  
All i need to do is mow around 4-5 acres of lawn, keep brush down in certain areas, and snow blow about a 1/4 mile driveway. And of course little odds and ends that are required to maintain a larger acreage.

You really don't have a clue about your future. Once you drink from the well you'll be a slave to it forever.:laughing: You will have the overwhelming urge to shape your land and lots of projects will be planned and executed. It's inevitable.:thumbsup:

With all the attachements and the low hours that sounds like a really good deal. I don't think it could be an '03 because I don't believe the "DA" came out until '04. I've got the 33D and it has been a very good tractor. Only things I've repaired were a badly designed connection to the hydraulic cooler and the start safety circuit. Both of these are simple fixes and well documented here.

Good luck and if you have a wife tell her we're sorry.:D

/ New Holland TC33DA #19  
I just bought a TC40DA and had looked at a TC35DA. A TC33DA just got listed in our area. Adjusting for the equipment differences, your deal sounds pretty good.

/ New Holland TC33DA
Thanks everyone for the continued comments! i am excited to get this thing fired up now! only 3 more weeks!