70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ?

/ 70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ? #1  

goochy

Silver Member
I got a Ford 3000 , Diesel, power steering , with roll bar , runs great , comes with box blade and old bushhog . whats it worth ?
NEEDS
paint
couple of small oil leaks fixed
rear tires thin ( but been that way for 14 yrs)
seat torn up
sheet metal ok , only one spot needs bondo
rear fender good , need paint
Battery or alternor bad , not sure . looses charge after driving it .
brakes need adj

Just a OLD tractor that is strong and needs some TLC . Need to sell it quick . What should be a fair asking price in the dirty south ?

/ 70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ?
cool , I told a guy $4800.00 so I guess I am in the ball park for a fixer upper that runs strong . Thanks for info !

Should I wash it up ( doll it up ) or sell with leaks showing ? as is ? I told the guy it had some leaks , but I thought it would show better clean .

Last edited:
   / 70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ? #4  
There are a good number of the late 60's and early 70's utility tractors out there for sale in the 3-6k range. Price it competitively with others you see advertised in similar condition.

/ 70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ? #5  
i can buy them all day long at a few auctions i go to for about 2000 dollars now a nice clean orginal tractor will bring up to 4000 and the most i ever got for a 3000 was one restored that had only 500 orginal hours on it and got 6000

i can buy them all day long at a few auctions i go to for about 2000 dollars now a nice clean orginal tractor will bring up to 4000 and the most i ever got for a 3000 was one restored that had only 500 orginal hours on it and got 6000

I have seen they from $2500 TLC to $6500 like new . I am talking retail :D, not auction price

/ 70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ? #7  
   / 70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ? #8  
in florida that one would set forever at 4800$ while all the other 2800-3200$ sold around it.

battery / charge system issues.. is it a generator or alternator?

what tranny does it have.

plain 4spd is the least valuable.. then the 6spd, then 6spd live, then 8spd. SOS another story altogether... worth less than the 4spd to most people that know them..

soundguy

8 speed , alternator ? has tack coming out of it . ????

/ 70s ? Ford 3000 Whats it worth ? #10  
IS it an alternator or a generator. BOTH are possibilities.

alts are usually aluminum housing and about as long as they are round. A delco 10DN is a possible alt that can be had with a tach drive.

generators, which would have been a lucas for that model of tractor, has a tach drive. it is cylindrical almost as long as a 2l bottle.. barrel is more like a steel pipe.. ie.. longer than it is around.

really, really helps to know what you have in order to help you diagnose it.

if a genny, it may just be a bad 20-40$ regulator.. and not a 90$ genny swap.

VERY easy to test vreg AND generator with a meter and a few jumper wires

post a pic if you still can't decide if it's aluminum or steel, and longer than it is around.. .. etc..

soundguy