Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: NH T5050

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnh View Post
    i dont know if you guys have heard about or seen it but Nh has a new tractor coming out the Powestar series. 75, 90, and 100. awesome tractors. many features, like a buddy seat, wet clutch, blue tooth radio, and a lot more and the prices are the same or less than we Nh has now. the TD series, T4000, and the T5040 will be replaced by these tractors. the 75 hp will ship in June of this year.
    I saw one in Nashville. A promising tractor.
    If they ship in June, I'll be surprised.

That series won't fix the CUT box NH is in right now.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    I saw one in Nashville. A promising tractor.
    If they ship in June, I'll be surprised.

That series won't fix the CUT box NH is in right now.
    NH has a sub compact and economy compact coming in the fall and first of the year

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

NH has a sub compact and economy compact coming in the fall and first of the year
    We have a yard full of the "economy" CUT's; LS Boomers and Workmasters. Where are the cab units in Class III and IV size?

At least two NH dealers in my area have recently signed up with Kioti, who has cab options. Coincidence?

How many TC45D's or 2120 EHSS's do you think will be traded in on Workmasters? It's like going back in time 25 years.
    Last edited by RickB; 03-31-2011 at 07:47 PM.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland 1720

The local NH dealer here has his economy LS compacts on the lot. Trouble is, the local kubota / Massey dealership 3/4 mile down the road took on LS a year ago. Have not priced either of the units but I've got to guess that the LS units are lower priced. I just don't understand the logic in marketing a brand like LS that is going to compete with it's own brand painted a different shade of blue.

Tractor
    Case 1194, Ford 641, NH TT75A

i dont know if you guys have heard about or seen it but Nh has a new tractor coming out the Powestar series. 75, 90, and 100. awesome tractors. many features, like a buddy seat, wet clutch, blue tooth radio, and a lot more and the prices are the same or less than we Nh has now. the TD series, T4000, and the T5040 will be replaced by these tractors. the 75 hp will ship in June of this year.
    What I'd prefer over buddy seats and blue tooth is that they spent their engineering time making them less expensive, more reliable, and so they didn't need a neutral safety switch that costs $75... they're heading in the same direction as pickup trucks...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Case 1194, NH TT75A, Ford 600, Bobcat A300, balers, rakes, mowers, tedders, spreaders and lots of other toys as well...

- Jim

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

Quote Originally Posted by BeeferMan View Post
    What I'd prefer over buddy seats and blue tooth is that they spent their engineering time making them less expensive, more reliable, and so they didn't need a neutral safety switch that costs $75... they're heading in the same direction as pickup trucks...
    you are exactly right. i think anyone would agree with that no mater what color the tractor was. seeing these first hand, learining about them and knowing that they created the tractor from the ground up, this will be a great tractor. just as an example, the cab, they built it around the seat and operator. everything is easy to reach and operate. yes the buddy seat and blue tooth are neat new things, but the tractor itself, is really built to what customers said they would like.

Tractor
    Case 1194, Ford 641, NH TT75A

you are exactly right. i think anyone would agree with that no mater what color the tractor was. seeing these first hand, learining about them and knowing that they created the tractor from the ground up, this will be a great tractor. just as an example, the cab, they built it around the seat and operator. everything is easy to reach and operate. yes the buddy seat and blue tooth are neat new things, but the tractor itself, is really built to what customers said they would like.
    I didn't mean to imply this silliness was something that the blue tractor folks had a monopoly on. They're all getting a little carried away adding stuff, not because it's needed, but just because they can. A well built cab that is comfortable with good visibility is definitely a plus, particularly for folks who spend their day there. But a lot of the options are just one more thing to break, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather spend my money on steel components instead of plastic that shatters under normal use than on flashy options. My NH has just 600 hours on it and the plastic around the dashboard, hood and grill look like someone took a baseball bat to them.

But that's just me - I'm not a good consumer 'cause I also refuse to spend $60K+ on a new pickup truck...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Case 1194, NH TT75A, Ford 600, Bobcat A300, balers, rakes, mowers, tedders, spreaders and lots of other toys as well...

- Jim

Gold Member
    Tractor
    all new holland

Quote Originally Posted by BeeferMan View Post
    I didn't mean to imply this silliness was something that the blue tractor folks had a monopoly on. They're all getting a little carried away adding stuff, not because it's needed, but just because they can. A well built cab that is comfortable with good visibility is definitely a plus, particularly for folks who spend their day there. But a lot of the options are just one more thing to break, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather spend my money on steel components instead of plastic that shatters under normal use than on flashy options. My NH has just 600 hours on it and the plastic around the dashboard, hood and grill look like someone took a baseball bat to them.

But that's just me - I'm not a good consumer 'cause I also refuse to spend $60K+ on a new pickup truck...
    i totally i agree with you. why cant any company make somehting like they "use to". i can say that you will find on the new tractor, from year 2010 on, things like the seat, dash boards, control knobs, and steering wheels, that NH has upgraded to some different manufactures and these things are higher grade materials, and weather better. we have already seen the difference just by things on the lot and the look of it. this includes the Powerstar series, the Workmasters, (the old TT-A series) and really all the other series that have a ROPS option.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

i totally i agree with you. why cant any company make somehting like they "use to". i can say that you will find on the new tractor, from year 2010 on, things like the seat, dash boards, control knobs, and steering wheels, that NH has upgraded to some different manufactures and these things are higher grade materials, and weather better. we have already seen the difference just by things on the lot and the look of it. this includes the Powerstar series, the Workmasters, (the old TT-A series) and really all the other series that have a ROPS option.
    if they made tractors like they used to,then they would last for 50 or 60yrs or more.

Tractor
    JD 5085M; NH TN70A; Ford 2600

Quote Originally Posted by chieff View Post
    I have been looking at the Deere 5093E, 5095M, kubota M9540 and have also looked at the T5050 not the TD5050. I want a wet clutch and some of the features that the T5050 deluxe cab offers. From what I have found the new holland exceeds in all the specs of the other major brands that I have mentioned in weight, 3pt lift specs, loader lift etc. But I just don't see any of them in my area or really even being mentioned much on the web or even this site. Is NH loosing market share in the size tractor that I want? Is there a quality issue that I should be aware of that everyone knows about but me? It just seems that I can get more tractor for a little less money but don't want to get stuck with a tractor down the road that I can't sell because everyone is afraid of a NH.
    I just went down that same road last fall.
    I was considering the NH T5040, JD5085M and the Kubota M9540. The Kubota, even with more hp, was much lighter. (doesn't matter how many ponies you have if you can't transfer them to the ground) So, it really came down to the NH and JD. I've had blue tractors for years, and still have two of them, but bought the JD because of the cab. IMHO, nobody make a cab like the Deere, especially for people my size. Just my 2 cents' worth.
    '10 JD 5085M Cab MFWD FEL
    '07 NH TN70A MFWD FEL
    '81 Ford 2600

JD 457 round baler; JD 265 & Kuhn GMD 600 disc mowers; Sitrex V-10 rake; Hardee 10', Rhino 7', & Modern 5' rotary mowers; JD 13' & Ford 6' tandem discs; HayKing 10' rennovator plow (sub-soiler); etc, etc.
    My other tractor is a '95 Kenworth.

Donít ever wrestle with a pig. Youíll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast