NH T5050

/ NH T5050 #1  

chieff

Bronze Member
I have been looking at the Deere 5093E, 5095M, Kubota M9540 and have also looked at the T5050 not the TD5050. I want a wet clutch and some of the features that the T5050 deluxe cab offers. From what I have found the new holland exceeds in all the specs of the other major brands that I have mentioned in weight, 3pt lift specs, loader lift etc. But I just don't see any of them in my area or really even being mentioned much on the web or even this site. Is NH loosing market share in the size tractor that I want? Is there a quality issue that I should be aware of that everyone knows about but me? It just seems that I can get more tractor for a little less money but don't want to get stuck with a tractor down the road that I can't sell because everyone is afraid of a NH.

/ NH T5050 #2  
I went into my NH dealer last year to purchase a TD5030. He did not have one. He said that he had several tractors ordered for some time but NH had goofed and mis-projected the market and was behind on building them. I got lucky by him finding the tractor I wanted from another dealer that owed him a favor. I have since noticed that most of the tractors that he gets in does not stay too long whether they have been a "T" or "TD" series or whatever series,so I don't people are afraid of them.

I don't know if the problem you are experiencing is spill over from last year or just your area. I have been very pleased with my purchase and have no regrets.

/ NH T5050 #3  
I have been looking at the Deere 5093E, 5095M, Kubota M9540 and have also looked at the T5050 not the TD5050. I want a wet clutch and some of the features that the T5050 deluxe cab offers. From what I have found the new holland exceeds in all the specs of the other major brands that I have mentioned in weight, 3pt lift specs, loader lift etc. But I just don't see any of them in my area or really even being mentioned much on the web or even this site. Is NH loosing market share in the size tractor that I want? Is there a quality issue that I should be aware of that everyone knows about but me? It just seems that I can get more tractor for a little less money but don't want to get stuck with a tractor down the road that I can't sell because everyone is afraid of a NH.

the T5000 series is a great series. no problems at all. THat stye, enigne, and trans was in the TL-A series before. they are a great selling tractor and New Holland is behind on building them, and it also depends on how many the dealer might have ordered. there is nothing at all to be scared of on theses tractors. Really popular and a nice piece of equipment.

/ NH T5050 #5  
New Holland's product availability has sucked for a long time and is getting worse.

actually just went to a NH meeting and it is getting better. but yes it has slacked quit a bit in the past year or so, along with the other big companies. Deere and Case are in the same boat. I know with Deere in their small row crop tractors, you are over a year out.

/ NH T5050 #6  
actually just went to a NH meeting and it is getting better. but yes it has slacked quit a bit in the past year or so, along with the other big companies. Deere and Case are in the same boat. I know with Deere in their small row crop tractors, you are over a year out.

Last NH meeting I went to, Eric Bippus was telling all of us how they had a stable management team in North America that wouldn't be shuffled around like it had in the past. Before I got home, his departure had been announced.
Every time this outfit makes a move, it makes less sense.
After waiting for years to have a CUT with a factory cab (what, 10 years after Kubota?), we are currently without one. I need for someone to explain how that makes any sense.

/ NH T5050
Rick
I believe you are spot on. I went to the closest dealer and they are a very large dealer but all they had was one t5050 that had a dry clutch, and I want a wet clutch. The only reason he had it was that it was ordered for a customer and the customer didn't take it when he found out it had a dry clutch. The dealer looked for a t5050 with wet clutch and there were only 3 within 400 miles from east tn. When I got in the car to leave I called another nh dealer I have used in the past just to see what they could find and sure enough there are just not hardly any t series on the lots. There are more td series out there but I am not interested in those.

Needless to say on my drive home I stopped by a Kubota lot and they had quite a few m9540 and one that had everything I wanted for less money than the new holland. I would have bought the new holland if there were any on the lots. The Kubota is lighter but I can add ballast as needed.

/ NH T5050 #8  
i dont know if you guys have heard about or seen it but Nh has a new tractor coming out the Powestar series. 75, 90, and 100. awesome tractors. many features, like a buddy seat, wet clutch, blue tooth radio, and a lot more and the prices are the same or less than we Nh has now. the TD series, T4000, and the T5040 will be replaced by these tractors. the 75 hp will ship in June of this year.

/ NH T5050 #9  
Last NH meeting I went to, Eric Bippus was telling all of us how they had a stable management team in North America that wouldn't be shuffled around like it had in the past. Before I got home, his departure had been announced.
Every time this outfit makes a move, it makes less sense.
After waiting for years to have a CUT with a factory cab (what, 10 years after Kubota?), we are currently without one. I need for someone to explain how that makes any sense.

I'll acknowledge that this is a rant on my part. I sense the frustration that Rick has he tries to figure out the big outfits business rationale.

Modern businesses are run by a bunch of MBA's (no offense to MBA's out there) who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. They are so focused on the next quarterly report that they think it's their company's product instead of what they manuafacture. They think their customer is themself and their big bonus contracts!

I worked as a propulsion engineer for a big airplane manufacturer in the Seattle area for over 34 years, whose name I won't mention. It merged with another outfit that we and Airbus put out of business. The ninnies at the top put these losers in charge of the company and launched a new airplane that is three years behind schedule and has doubled the development cost. They launched a new version of the 747 and that's over budget and behind schedule- a damm derivative airplane! The company is living off legacy programs and products that were developed before the merger. They can't get new products developed on schedule and to the cutomer, giving small upcoming outfits like Bombidier and Embraer, a leg up in the competition. Their saving grace is that their main competitor, Airbus, is screwed up also. It makes rational people wonder what are these so called "business leaders" thinking! How did these bozos get to lead these compaies?

In agriculture, livestock and commodity prices are at all time highs and there is money available for re equiping and the big equipment manufacturers can't provide product. This allows the manuafacturers in the Far East to fil the void.
No wonder American business is in such sorry shape. They can't capitalize on the business oppoortunities that are out there in their own backyard.

People blame unions and that's just pure bunk. Unions exist because management doesn't treat people fairly. Southwest Airlines is as heavily unionized as any air line out there and they have figured out how to work togther and they are one of the most prosperous airlines in the business with the lowest seat mile costs in the industry.

So we need to look at the business leadership in this country and make some changes. There is no doubt we can do better. The stockholders should be demanding better performace from CEO's and not rewarding them with high salaries, big bonuses, golden parachutes, etc. But as long as they get their dividend checks the stockholder seem oblivious. We have some of the highest paid executives in the world and we are losing business to places where CEO's make much less than $1.0Million per year. So much for attracting the "best and the brightest" with money.

I'll now get off my soap box.

Opinions are like belly buttons;everybody has one.
This is mine on this subject.

Sorry if this off topic rant offends you. Just click to another forum.