The 2120

/ The 2120 #1  

grainger12002

Platinum Member
Tractor
yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments
We are looking at a real nice 2120 4wd w-ldr,ag tires,148 hrs,Whats the word on this model? we had one as a loaner a few years back and really like it-any experience out there as to there worth and there strengths ? look forward to some good feedback-thanks, Lloyd

/ The 2120 #2  
Check these recent links
link2
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=nhown&Number=78179&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>link3</A>

/ The 2120 #3  
In my opinion, the 1920 and 2120 were NH's best tractors in that power range.

I have a 1920 and absolutely love it... The only thing I would trade it in for is a 2120.

Very stout machines. Good weight to power ratio. Operator area is nicely laid out. The gear version isn't too bad to use as it is a column shifter. The 4 ranges gives you a good top speed as well as a nice ultra low 1st gear.

Lift on the 1920 can do over 1800lbs., and the 2120 is quite a bit more beefier.

Besides.. i like the 4 banger my 1920 has in it as opposed to the 3 bangers some of the new tc series in the same HP category have.

Soundguy

/ The 2120 #4  
Ditto on my 1920. Bought it with 192 Hrs and now have about 300. 4WD, FEL, and I've got the frame mount back hoe. Also use with a scraper and bush hog mower on 12 Acres. Only thing I wish different is the gear tranny is cumbersome when doing FEL work. Other than that, it's a beast - I've sunk it (mud), rolled it and generally abused it and have had no problems whatsoever.

/ The 2120 #5  
Lloyd, you should be able to find a pretty good price on the old 2120. It would be a fine tractor for most uses. There have been a few problems on our 2120, the biggest being the transmission/engine bolts getting loose as others too have mentioned. The bolt problem was resolved with loctite primer/threadlock. The problem it caused is yet to be resolved, namely, a hydraulic problem inside. Other then that, a few minor problems like weak draft links (see picture). The tractors works well, reasonably powerful, good loader, good power steering, shifting is OK, ours has low, medium, high range with 4 gears for each. High is rarely used, medium most of the time however we use low for hard loader use. Rat...

Attachments

• 12-228793-2120draftlink.jpg
    12-228793-2120draftlink.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 145
   / The 2120 #6  
Yes,Rat I had the same problems with my draft links too.I have a Norse winch on the back of mine.A 1 inch by 4 inch flat stock fixed them right up.I had the 1 inch vertical and the 4 inch horzital.Never bent them again. thefarm

/ The 2120 #7  
Does anyone have an idea what year they went to the weaker links? I understand the older ones were beefier.
Pacesetter

/ The 2120 #8  
<font color=blue> few minor problems like weak draft links
<font color=black>

Yikes... The lower lift arms on my 1920 are beefier than that. Mine are I guess 3" x 7/8. I'm quite sure I would shear off the lower link pins than bend one of those arms.

Mine was made in 97.. wonder why the 21's have wimpy arms considering it is a bigger machine???

/ The 2120 #9  
<font color=blue>Other than that, it's a beast - I've sunk it (mud), rolled it and

<font color=black>You sound like me. I've sank mine down to the axles in a marsh.. had to take the ramps off the trailer.. walk a mile back out to the marsh, dig the rears out and shove the trailer ramps in.. stomp on the diff and use the 4wd to get out... boy was she dirty after that... on top of it all, I was bushhoging a friends pasture...and pulled a car out of that same marsh...sheesh..

Soundguy