Buying Advice Buying opportunity for an 8N

/ Buying opportunity for an 8N #1  

43acresofhell

Tractor
None yet
I knwo someone selling a first model year 8N. No FEL. Basically new with about 10 hours. Selling for $18k. Is that a good deal? I am new to this world, just having bought a 26 acre lot and wonder if the strange transmission setup would be OK for me.

Other questions I have are
(1) How much would it cost to put a loader on it?
(2) What do I need to add in terms of valves/etc to use a grapple? Costs?

I am really close to buying a Bobcat CT335 but at least want to dot my i in doing my due diligence before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

Roger

/ Buying opportunity for an 8N #2  
Is it a CVT transmission, I never knew they put them in a tractor until a bit ago. I too wonder how it would hold up.

/ Buying opportunity for an 8N #3  
I'm thinking the OP meant the New Holland Boomer 8N. $18k for a 55 HP tractor may be an OK price I think. As reported on other threads here on TBN, there may be significant issues with the CVT drive.

/ Buying opportunity for an 8N #4  
It appears that New Holland is liquidating the remaining 8N Boomers. I have seen several go across the auctions in the last couple of weeks. Heres one at AuctionTime not a bad price and I have seen afew go with loaders on them. i am thinking they went for around $22K

/ Buying opportunity for an 8N #5  
Having your local dealer retro fit a loader to a used Boomer 8N,beit a very good price with low hours,could gobble up all the value and savings that you reaped on the purchase. In general, a package purchase with the FEL already installed,new or used will be your best chance for a good deal. Good luck with your quest for the perfect tractor.