Ford 641 Milky Trans Fluid

/ Ford 641 Milky Trans Fluid #11  
i'm not sure why it would require a front split? the tube is accessable from the front of the trans by simply removing the plumbing from the pump.

as for running it with no oil in the hyds.

yeah.. it will ruin the pump... and likely make your front input shaft seal leak from being THAT overfull.

quick fix is a no split epoxied in tube after an oil drain and cleaning..

/ Ford 641 Milky Trans Fluid #12  
i'm not sure why it would require a front split? the tube is accessable from the front of the trans by simply removing the plumbing from the pump.

as for running it with no oil in the hyds.

yeah.. it will ruin the pump... and likely make your front input shaft seal leak from being THAT overfull.

quick fix is a no split epoxied in tube after an oil drain and cleaning..

Bingo.

This is exactly why I said "proper" repair.

Do it right or do it again.

SDT

/ Ford 641 Milky Trans Fluid #13  
Bingo.

This is exactly why I said "proper" repair.

Do it right or do it again.

SDT

maybee.. maybee not.

I'm a big fan of correct fixes.. however that epoxy tube fix seems to be a very common route. I know machines that have them going on 10ys. the new tubing is aluminum and thus immune from further rot.

the issue is finding the correct oem stepped tube, and the 2 mandrels needed to remove and reseat the old tube. Also at issue is amount of erosion of the cast where the tubes seat. i've heard of havig to strip a case to repair it due to erosion.. or at least epoxy coat the correct oem tubes and insert them so they seal into the casting..e tc.

it's no fun either way..