Ford 1620,too small?

/ Ford 1620,too small? #1  

oz in SC

Silver Member
Tractor
None right now...
Guy is selling a 1620 with loader,4wd,hydro transmission,has less than 3300 hours on it.1995 model year.

Anyway,was talking to him and he says he is selling it as he thinks it is too small for his land,he has 10 acres,6 in pasture.Says it slows down so much mowing and runs warmer than he likes.
Now he did say the cutter he was using was a VERY heavy 5' Hardee and thinks that had something to do with it.

He also said he cut in medium range.

We have hilly land,we also have a 5' cutter but nothing heavy duty.

I don't know if it was more operator error or simply too little tractor and would like y'alls opinion.

Would also like any and all info on this tractor,both good and bad.

Our land is 17 acres,some kind of cleared but most overgrown in brush and pines.Need to thin the pines,cut a few paths down the bottomland and then maintain it all.Also have a 1/4 mile long drive,fruit trees to plant,fencing to put up...etc,etc.

Thanks.

/ Ford 1620,too small? #2  
i think a heavy 5' hog, in med range on a small tractor is asking for poor performance..

soundguy

/ Ford 1620,too small? #3  
i think a heavy 5' hog, in med range on a small tractor is asking for poor performance..

soundguy

agree 100% that tractor needs a light 5 or heavy 4 and if it is a hardee williams bushhog he was using it was way to big it weights as much as much heavy 6's but if doing light mowing u could even get a way with a light 6 but nut a hardee or bush or rhino they are even to heavy if there 5 ft

/ Ford 1620,too small? #4  
yep.. and low range too..

soundguy

/ Ford 1620,too small? #5  
OZ, I have a 1715 with a 5ft Ford rotary cutter and cut 40 ac of pasture a couple of times a year. Not sure of the weight of the mower but I cut in medium range 2nd or 3rd gear. Mower will bog down in heavy weeds, but not very often. Land is flat - very flat. Jim