Just bought Ford 1220

/ Just bought Ford 1220 #1  

RyanL

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 1540 4wd,loader, R-4s
Hi, you guys I jus thought i would tell you that i finially traded my John Deere 318 in on 1993 Ford 1220 4wd with manual steering and a 60" mid mower. The tractor has 1040 hrs on it and has no scratches or dents on anything. I am going to pick it up today, so i will tell you more later on and post pics later on. Oh, I paid $6,900 for the tractor and a 5' rear blade with tilt. This prices is without subtracting the trade in value of the John Deere($1900.00) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ryan

/ Just bought Ford 1220
Hey, I picked the tractor up and got it home. I also purchased a 30" rear scoop for the 3-point and put an 1- 1/2 on the tractor moving dirt. The tractor works great, not a thing wrong with it. I spread the tires farther apart by reversing the rear wheels. I am surprised at how much power the little 17Hp 3 -cylinder diesel has!!! I also plan to purchase a 4' brush hog and post hole digger later on. I ordered a set of rear tire chains (2-link). I have to get the photos devoloped, so hang in there.

P.S. Tell me what you guys think of the deal i got on this ( good or bad)? Is there anything i should know about this tractor, any problems with this model or anything?

Thanks Alot
Ryan

/ Just bought Ford 1220 #3  
RyanL:

The price sounds like it is in the ballpark if the machine is in good shape. I paid $9,500 about a year ago for it's bigger brother (1520 - 23 Hp), with a FEL, 4n1 Bucket and bucket forks, with 700 hours on it. The paint was rough, because the previous owner parked it outside, but otherwise it is in good shape.

You should enjoy the 1220, they are a nice little tractor. I have seen quite a few of them around and still going strong.

/ Just bought Ford 1220 #4  
Ihave a friend ( horse farmer ), and he has a 1220.. and despite the extreme physical abuse he loads on that tractor.. it is still kicking.

Soundguy

/ Just bought Ford 1220 #5  
<font color="blue"> despite the extreme physical abuse he loads on that tractor.. it is still kicking... </font>

Who...? Your friend, the tractor, or the horse...? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif