1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #1  

Frankdozer

Silver Member
Tractor
1967 Case 580CK Backhoe / Loader
I was at a local dealer yesterday to see the New Holland tractors and on the lot they had a 1993 Ford 3930 tractor, 4 wheel drive with syncro shift and a 195 loader. The tractor was purchased new, brought home, used lightly for 74 hours and then the owner past away. All these years it sat in a tight barn and never used. The widow decided this summer to sell it, called the dealer who purchased it from her for $22,200.00. The dealer has it for sale for $22,700.00. He says he has to make $500.00 on it or he'll let is sit there forever. The tractor looks and runs as new. It looks like it just came out of a time tunnel it's so perfect. It's a BIG TRACTOR. Is it worth $22,700.00? I offered $15,000.00 and they flatly turned it down. Thanks, Frank

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #2  
Frank,
Wow!!! 74 hr. Amazing. 6mo ago I checked an add on Craigslist, and came home with a 97" 3930 with 320 hours on it. It had been used by 1 person to mow 5ac of grass with a few times a year. Was darn near perfect. I couldn't pass it up, and as of now I couldn't be happier. It is a 2wd with no loader, and standard 8/8 tranny. Works perfect for what I need it for. (already have a loader tractor) They are a great 50hp tractor, one of the best Ford/New Holland made. IMHO! I am in SW Ohio, and went to Michigan for tractor. Sure glad I did. I feel I have a 15yr old NEW tractor and I love it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
There were a lot of them built in the 12 yr run, and a lot of them on the market. (See TractorHouse.com for comparison) Very popular and for good reason. They are sweet mid size utility.
As for price, I paid $12.5, and thought it was a bargain. Even at $15 around here would have been good price. 4WD adds a lot to the tractor, and the loader adds more. Wish I had the shuttle shift, as it is very handy, specially with loader, but can't have everything. You need to decide if $22K is right for you and your needs for an 18yr old NEW tractor. There are others on here with more experience than I, and they will give their excellent opinions on this tractor. I would pay attention. :) For me, if I needed a 4wd loader tractor, I would jump on it. Hard to buy new with this kind of quality for that price anymore. :D
Good Luck! Let us know how you come out, and POST PICTURES!!

Attachments

• Small .jpg
    Small .jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 8,570
   / 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #3  
One of the most popular and very desirable Ford tractor ever produced of that era and size...
Personally, If I was going to give over 20K for a tractor of that size, I would go ahead and purchase new from a good local dealer to get the warranty...
Just personal preference...
Knowing how desirable those units are I doubt very seriously if the dealer would budge much on the price...
My top dollar offer would be 18K...

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #4  
They are nice, but it is still coming up on 20 years old. I think the dealer is in over his head on it. We recently had a cherry 4WD 4630 on consignment with a 7410 loader and Bush Hog 306 cutter behind it on our lot on consignment. A little under 750 hours and it fetched $16,000 as a package. In my mind, on a tractor that old, 75 hours or 750 hours are not much different, and the 4630 is more tractor than a 3930 any day.

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #5  
even though that tractor is like new id say you was more than fair offering $15,000 for it.sounds like they want what that tractor sold for new.

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #6  
Frank
If I had the money I would buy the tractor and keep it as a "survivor"...but that's me I'm into that low mile/hr stuff. Not too many years from now it will be classified as an antique.
If you really like the tractor maybe work out a arrangement with the dealer and give you a year or two warranty on parts/labor on issues that may arise from it having sitting so long.

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #8  
a tractor thats been sitting around for years is not good as everything dryes up and im sure the dealer got it for almost nothing as she probly just wanted to get rid of it

heres a ex:tractor runs good u bring it up to 100 hours something gonna break or your seals are gonna start leaking the big problem is the seals and what the tractor been true does 70 hours

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #9  
I was at a local dealer yesterday to see the New Holland tractors and on the lot they had a 1993 Ford 3930 tractor, 4 wheel drive with syncro shift and a 195 loader. The tractor was purchased new, brought home, used lightly for 74 hours and then the owner past away. All these years it sat in a tight barn and never used. The widow decided this summer to sell it, called the dealer who purchased it from her for $22,200.00. The dealer has it for sale for $22,700.00. He says he has to make $500.00 on it or he'll let is sit there forever. The tractor looks and runs as new. It looks like it just came out of a time tunnel it's so perfect. It's a BIG TRACTOR. Is it worth $22,700.00? I offered $15,000.00 and they flatly turned it down. Thanks, Frank

Ask to talk to the original owners widow so can you get more info on the tractor. Unless it's his mother or he's nuts, I'll bet he didn't pay $22,200 for it.That asking price sounds exhorbitant to me.

Your offer was reasonable as a starting point for negotiations. He can't let it sit there "forever" unless he bought it outright with his own money or it's on consignment! Give him your card with a phone number to contact you and your offer written on it. He will either call you when it doesn't sell or some sucker will come by and give him what his asking price is.

/ 1993 Ford 3930, Loader, 4 WD........74 Hours #10  
it worth every bit 20000 where im at i watch a really rough 2500 hour 3930 4wd with a bushog loader on it sell at auction for 15500