Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200

Default Ford 5000 - Opinions Please!!!!!

Hi,

I'm looking into purchasing a 1972 Ford 5000 gas tractor with a loader. My wife and I purchased 12 acres to
    build a home. We plan on maintaining about 3 acres of grass. The land has been farmed for years so I would
    use the tractor for land development (bushhog, snow clearing, tilling, etc). The tractor cost is $5400 and
    seems in very good shape. The loader is very heavy duty (700 series). I would like information (pros and
    cons) of the Ford 5000. Is this too much tractor? Gas vs. Diesel? Reliabilty?

Thanks,

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments

Default Re: Ford 5000 - Opinions Please!!!!!

dfeck: The 5000 series is a good tractor, the diesel is more desirable than the gas model,they tend to be thirsty. Will do alot of work and the loader is very heavy duty. How do the brakes feel? Is the en gine overall clean? price doesnt sound out of line either. Good luck and dont forget to post some pics if you get it. Lloyd

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: Ford 5000 - Opinions Please!!!!!

Biggest negative here is the two choices for reverse. One too fast, one too slow. Otherwise, a good rig if the condition of this particular one is acceptable.