Ford 3000

/ Ford 3000 #1  

Clint S

Veteran Member
Tractor
555DTC Farmall 200
Ford 3000 Now with pics

Going to look at a 3000 gasser again tomorrow. Anything to look at or for. 5300 hours, never had a bucket on it. I will get a shot of the tag tomorrow to find out year.
Seems it has an oil leak on the left side of engine. I am assuming valve cover. Could it be the head gasket? A shop that I trust has it on consignment. He said that the head gaskets are seldom a problem on these Coolant looks nice and green. Will post some pics tomorrow. Want $4500 wit ha brush hog. The tractor would be used to pull wood, brush hog and possibly a rear snowblower. Looking for another tractor so we do not need to keep taking off Back hoe from our current to do the above.

Last edited:
   / Ford 3000 #2  
Check for "non fouler" on a spark plug or 1 new plug and the rest used. Look for excessive smoke blowby out the bottom. Check that the 3 point lift holds "position" with weight on it. Check clutch free travel and put the tractor in high gear, hold both brakes tight and open the throttle while letting out on the clutch pedal. The tractor should stall out if the clutch is good. Make sure the pto comes to a complete stop when you disengage the lever on the tractor. Check rear rims for corrosion. Ken Sweet

/ Ford 3000
DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1639.jpg

DSCN1637.jpg

DSCN1633.jpg

DSCN1632.jpg

DSCN1636.jpg

You can see on the bottom pic the oil leak. Forgot to include brand new rear tires. Needs a battery. Any info about year from the vin tag.
Will go up and hear it run ect if it the $$$$ is not out of line.

/ Ford 3000 #4  
Looks like a 74 model. I would like to buy at $3500-$4000 if it checks out ok. If it was diesel, I would go higher. Of course, I am basing my opinion on what the value is here in central, Ky. Ken Sweet

/ Ford 3000 #5  
is it the oil sender leaking? it's onthe left kinda behind the genny area..

/ Ford 3000
Did not really check as long as it's not the head gasket I will probably make an offer on it as long as everything works as it should. Am I reading the tag right that this is a 74. I know it's all based on use and how it was maintained, but what is average life in hours for a 3000 gas engine. This one has 5300 could I expect a few more good years out of it?

/ Ford 3000 #7  
4 indicates 74..

/ Ford 3000 #8  
Any rebuilt history? 5300 lot of gas hours.

If you can find one that has not set out so much would be a plus.

/ Ford 3000 #9  
i'd suspectit's either had a clutch recently, or may be getting ready to need one... just guessing based on average usage.. but who's to say what average is :)

/ Ford 3000 #10  
In the pictures the front spindles look a little short. Could it be a low-center-of-gravity model? Are the rear tires 28 inch? If it sits low to the ground it can be a pain for certain applications. If it is an LCG and someone just slapped larger wheels/tires on it, it won't be quite right and would be worth less. Hours are high if engine, clutch, etc haven't been gone over.

EDIT: I looked at it again by clicking on your large picture. It's probably not what I thought, but good luck in your shopping.